Private Equity Data Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Nov 18, 2019 - Requisition No. 79730
You are the type of person that looks beyond the headline. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying data that drives news and analysis. You enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems. You are just the sort of person we are looking for to join Global Data.
Bloomberg runs on data. As a team, we are responsible for the full lifecycle of data relating to all types of funds and collective investment schemes.
Whether you are sourcing relevant market data from new or existing providers, processing complex financial data or implementing technology solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will ensure that we deliver accurate market data to the financial world first!
What you can expect from this opportunity?
Bloomberg Global Data is looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to develop and expand the scope of Bloomberg's Private Equity product. The role involves liaising directly with Fund managers to procure and on-board their funds onto the Bloomberg Terminal. Demonstrating knowledge and passion for the Private Equity industry is required.
We will trust you to:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers at fund managers
- Source new Private Equity & Venture Capital firms and funds
- Expand depth of performance data on existing fund managers
- Maintain the existing proprietary database
- Collaborate with the Hedge Funds, Investment Mandates and SMA data teams
- Liaise closely with the sales teams to effectively serve Bloomberg's Investor Community
- You will also be required to develop workflow processes, support product development and work closely with Engineering and Business teams to ensure user experience and functionality aligns with client's expectations and the overall product strategy
We need you to have:
- Relevant experience in investor relations, client service, sales support or marketing role in the SMA, Hedge Fund, Private Equity, Mutual Funds or Asset Management industry, or prior experience in a Fund Research role
- An existing network within the Funds industry is beneficial
- 3+ years of work experience is highly preferred
- Proven ability to build and maintain client relationships, including cold calling
- Effective research and analysis skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to spot market trends and act on them to enhance depth and breadth of coverage
- Plan and host topical events to build a Private Equity community and promote Bloomberg data
- An interest in technology and data analysis
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We'll get in touch and let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.