Problem Management Coordinator (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Feb 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 100623
***This is a one year contract***
At Bloomberg, our mission has always been to provide real-time data, news, and analytics to our clients quickly and accurately. Our clients are some of the biggest players in finance, and they rely on our software to manage their portfolios, analyze the markets, and make swift trading decisions that keep them ahead of the competition. We have more than 320,000 clients across the world, so it’s critical for our systems to be stable, reliable, and always available. That’s where the Problem Management team comes in.
On the Problem Management team, we manage the communication for root cause on service-impacting outages to ensure our clients understand what happened. To do this, we structure and lead investigations in partnership with technical teams across the company – from developers to client support. We’re the central point for all stakeholders, and we ensure that accurate and timely information is communicated to all stakeholders after significant outages. Our team is critical to providing the best possible service for our clients, and we take pride in the impact we have on the company’s continued success.
We'll trust you to:
- Facilitate the root cause analysis communication across multiple teams.
- Own the full lifecycle of post incident communication from information gathering, curation to publishing.
- Work closely with key senior stakeholders in legal, compliance and communication teams to ensure our communications are compliant with policies and regulations.
- Notify, escalate and communicate to stakeholders to ensure timely completion of root cause and short term remediation plans.
- Help coordinate the investigations and drive the reduction of repeat incidents.
You need to have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively tailor communication of technical issues to various audiences
- Strong collaboration skills and an interest in developing a strong network
- Ability and aptitude to pick up new technologies or procedures
- Good organization skills and excel at multitasking with the ability to prioritize own workload
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Innovation and drive – someone who is happy to challenge the status quo and collaborate on processes within the team
- A self-starter who is assertive but diplomatic with the ability to prioritize workload and to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Basic understanding of industry standard technologies and infrastructure such as: networking, cloud storage, middleware, databases and virtual infrastructure
- Familiarity with ITIL Service Support knowledge
- Familiarity with, or knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal or other Bloomberg products
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.