Procure to Pay Support Representative - Finance & Administration (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Oct 31, 2023 - Requisition No. 121279
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
The Procure to Pay Support team is based in New York and London and provides global support. We are responsible for end-to-end vendor inquiry management, assisting with PO receipts, handling invoicing inquiries from both vendors and internal partners and handling vendor update requests. We are dedicated to supporting all business areas and key stakeholders across the company.
We are looking for a motivated, proactive, self-starting, analytical, problem solver to join our fast-paced environment. You will need to be very detail oriented, enjoy interacting with a diverse group of people from the Business, Suppliers and Accounts Payable, but also can work well independently and handle your own queue of work. You always ensure due diligence and controls are upheld during the entire supplier creation and maintenance lifecycle. You are not afraid to challenge the status quo and seek to not only solve complex problems but do so with risk mitigation in mind. You aim to always do the right thing to protect Bloomberg and our clients. You love being part of a team where clients count on you every day, and you challenge and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible.
We'll trust you to:
- Leverage your customer service skills to provide a platinum-level customer service to our vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Utilize your customer service skills and subject matter expertise to educate and inform our vendors.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key Internal/External Stakeholders
- Collaborate with Procurement and Accounts Payables to resolve vendor inquiries.
- Manage vendors and related inquiries, adhering to departmental deliverables, and perform KYC reviews
- Effectively execute established operational control and interface autonomously with functional business partners to understand supplier requirements
- Work independently and collaboratively with the global team to provide the highest level of customer service to all our partners (i.e., vendors, Business Units, Accounts Payable, Risk teams)
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent experience in the Procure to Pay domain
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to vendors and internal stakeholders
- Experience excelling in an operational role and managing large ticket queues
- The ability to handle fast paced timelines for multiple, simultaneous, high-exposure initiatives
- Proficiency with presenting large data set analysis to business partners
- Excellent communication skills; demonstrated professional, tactful problem solving, business writing and presentation skills with personal presence to provide constructive feedback to corporate decision makers around process, policy, and technology improvements
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 50 - 60 USD Hourly