Procurement Operations Specialist (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Apr 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 102446
Contract End Date: 12/31/2022
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. Bloomberg's Global Finance team works with all things (you guessed it) financial! We help business partners with all aspects of Procurement to cash collection, customer billing, revenue recording, vendor invoice processing and payments, regional treasury, and cash funding, indirect tax, capital planning and fixed assets. Global Procurement supports both the strategic sourcing and operational purchasing of goods and services for the organization. What does that mean? We procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class.
What's the Role?
You are passionate about being part of a Global Department delivering top quality service and advice. Our resourceful and dynamic Procurement Department is looking for a Procurement Operations Specialist to join its 120 Park Ave office based in New York City.
As an Individual Contributor you will support sourcing for our ACCT - Global Finance/SAP Solutions business units. You will build and manage relationships with our internal clients and the vendors who support our exciting and varied requirements across the whole US region. You will need to show a good understanding of procurement principles, excellent customer service skills, and an eye for detail. You will be part of a team supporting multiple internal stakeholders, from a wide spectrum of departments with many and varied needs, in a dynamic and demanding environment.
We'll Trust You To:
- Create Purchase Orders and manage supplier documentation in Ariba/SAP
- Support the supplier onboarding process
- Consult and coordinate with Finance Controllers to ensure accurate information in purchase orders and similar documents
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable to resolve any supplier payment issues
- Ensure adherence to the purchasing policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Team
- Provide guidance on the sourcing and purchasing process to stakeholders
- Respond to Stakeholder requests in an accurate and timely manner
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal stakeholders and key suppliers to understand their businesses and needs
- Communicate the impact of market changes and potential effects on suppliers to stakeholders
- Provide support to the rest of the team to make sure we deliver first class customer service
- Understand specifications and requirements for products and services as requested by stakeholders through proposals or quotes
- Collaborate with colleagues in your team and with stakeholders to understand sourcing strategies and support a robust strategic sourcing pipeline
- Support regional sourcing opportunities, including RFPs, direct negotiations, etc. as necessary
You'll need to have:
- A few years’ experience in procurement operations or accounts payable or supply chain roles, with strong consideration given to previous SAP/ERP systems knowledge
- Customer Service skills, including issue resolution, problem solving, timely delivery, ownership of tasks, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder engagement abilities
- Basic project management skills
- Basic negotiation skills
- Good supplier management skills
- General understanding of logistics and transportation as applied to procurement operations
- Education to degree level, CIPS or combination of education and work experience
- Ability to interact effectively in a cross-functional environment with multiple levels of stakeholders
- Ability to learn new applications relevant to the role
We'd love to see:
- SAP or other ERP systems knowledge
- Understanding of purchasing principles
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Bloomberg Terminal knowledge
- CPP / CIPS / CPM
Does this sound like you?
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.