Procurement Operations Specialist - Finance & Administration
New York, NY
Posted May 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 116341
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What's the Role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
Bloomberg's Global Finance team works with all things (you guessed it) financial! We help business partners with all aspects of Procurement to cash collection, customer billing, revenue recording, vendor invoice processing and payments, regional treasury, and cash funding, indirect tax, capital planning and fixed assets. Global Procurement supports both the strategic sourcing and operational purchasing of goods and services for the organization. What does that mean? We procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class.
You are passionate about being part of a global team delivering top quality service and advice. Our resourceful and dynamic Procurement Department is looking for a Procurement Operations Specialist to join its 120 Park Ave office based in New York City.
As an Individual Contributor you will support the Procurement Operations team based in New York. You will build and manage relationships with our internal clients and the vendors who support our exciting and varied requirements across the whole US region. You will need to show a good understanding of procurement principles, excellent customer service skills, and an eye for detail. You will be part of a team supporting multiple internal stakeholders, from a wide spectrum of departments with many and varied needs, in a dynamic and demanding environment.
We'll Trust You To:
- Create Purchase Orders and manage supplier documentation in Ariba/SAP
- Collaborate on cross-functional task force assignments to implement P2P process improvements
- Support the supplier onboarding process
- Consult and coordinate with Finance Controllers to ensure accurate information in purchase orders and similar documents
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable to resolve any supplier payment issues
- Ensure adherence to the purchasing policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Team
- Provide guidance on the sourcing and purchasing process to stakeholders
- Respond to Stakeholder requests in an accurate and timely manner
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal stakeholders and key suppliers to understand their businesses and needs
- Communicate the impact of market changes and potential effects on suppliers to stakeholders
- Provide support to the rest of the team to make sure we deliver first class customer service
- Understand specifications and requirements for products and services as requested by stakeholders through proposals or quotes
- Collaborate with colleagues in your team and with stakeholders to understand sourcing strategies and support a robust strategic sourcing pipeline
- Support regional sourcing opportunities, including RFPs, direct negotiations, etc. as necessary
You'll need to have:
- A few years’ experience in procurement operations or accounts payable or supply chain roles, with strong consideration given to previous SAP/ERP systems knowledge
- Customer Service skills, including issue resolution, problem solving, timely delivery, ownership of tasks, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder engagement abilities
- Basic project management skills
- Basic negotiation skills
- Good supplier management skills
- General understanding of logistics and transportation as applied to procurement operations
- Education to degree level, CIPS or combination of education and work experience
- Ability to interact effectively in a cross-functional environment with multiple levels of stakeholders
- Ability to learn new applications relevant to the role
We'd love to see:
- SAP or other ERP systems knowledge
- Understanding of purchasing principles
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Bloomberg Terminal knowledge
- CPP / CIPS / CPM
- Previous experience in IT purchasing in a similar capacity
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 75,000 - 85,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus