Procurement Partner (Media & Marketing)
New York, NY
Posted Nov 27, 2019 - Requisition No. 79968
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 325,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions.
Bloomberg’s Procurement is a dynamic global organization, providing support to our external terminal customers and internal clients, operating out of 22 locations across 12 countries. We work hand-in-hand with our business divisions to support them in achieving success and maintaining efficiency. What does that mean? We procure the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle vendor-related risks and strive to deliver the best customer service in the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other’s creative ideas to remain first-class. Under one umbrella we collaborate to develop efficient solutions through new technologies and processes to keep up with Bloomberg’s dynamic environment and business needs while ensuring the highest level of customer service.
Global Procurement is responsible for all direct and indirect spend at Bloomberg. We are a global team that takes pride in working with our internal clients, devising strategies and executing operational tactics based on the dynamic requirements of a fast pace state of the art business.
What's the Role?
Our resourceful and dynamic Procurement Department is looking for an experienced Sourcing professional to join its US Headquarters based in New York. As the Procurement Partner for our Media & Marketing Business, you will build and manage relationships with our internal clients and the vendors who support our exciting and varied requirements across the whole US region. You will need to show good knowledge of procurement principles, strong negotiating skills and an eye for detail. You will be part of the US team supporting multiple internal stakeholders, from a wide spectrum of departments with many and varied needs, in a dynamic demanding environment.
We'll Trust You To:
- Determine specifications and requirements for products and services through communication with internal stakeholders and the department's strategic plan
- Lead regional sourcing opportunities, including RFPs, direct negotiations, etc., and use market research from internal and external sources to drive sourcing decisions
- Ensure adherence to the policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Team
- Negotiate and implement Contractual agreements in partnership with the internal customer and our -Legal department
- Manage the vendor base to ensure that contractual compliance and financial efficiency
- Continuously review with the Sourcing Team Strategic Plans to better serve the company as a whole
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal clients and the associated vendor base
- Provide support to the rest of the team to make sure we deliver first class customer service
You'll need to have:
- 10+ years experience in a strategic sourcing role with Media/Marketing/PR or Communications category experience
- Education to degree level, CIPS or combination of education and work experience
- Proven experience in the commercial environment with demonstrated ability for complex commercial and contractual negotiations, competitive market analysis, and ongoing supplier performance management/scorecards
- Strong contractual knowledge and negotiation skills- Understanding of and experience in contract law and applicable legislation
- Strong decision-making ability
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management
- Ability to learn new applications relevant to the role
- Excellent Organizational skills and attention to detail
We'd love to see:
- Experience across Media/Marketing
- SAP, Oracle or other ERP experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.