Product Analyst - AIM Core Order Management, Derivatives
New York, NY
Posted Apr 12, 2022 - Requisition No. 102471
AIM is a full front-to-back trading platform for investment managers used by over 800 firms across 90 countries to manage over 18 trillion dollars in assets. AIM is critical to the daily operations of its clients and needs to be real-time, high-throughput, and highly available.
Our goal is to offer the most scalable asset management technology in the market that allows clients to grow assets on existing investments and to quickly expand into new asset classes, markets, or investment styles on a fully hosted platform, without disruption.
What’s the role?
We are seeking a Product Analyst to join the AIM product team for order management, with focus on fixed income & derivatives.
The objective of this role is to drive all phases of product development lifecycle, including develop and refine specifications, engage groups across enterprise for input and prioritization, work with engineering to build product, guide QA on test scenarios, work with sales and implementations on rollout and solicit feedback to further refine capability for the AIM derivatives offering. You will be a key person in the execution of our derivatives roadmap and will work closely with other members of AIM product to ensure we develop a seamless product that is in line with our target operating model. This includes not only order management, but close collaboration across positions, compliance, feeds & downstream consumers of AIM information (ETS/PORT/MARS/ETEC/RHUB, etc.).
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with product managers to drive plans/specifications around derivative development within AIM.
- Manage and groom request backlog to help drive requirements and deliver value.
- Both explain development plans & guide the process for internal AIM stakeholders (engineering, QA, PMO, other AIM product areas), internal Bloomberg (TSOX, ETS, ETEC, etc.) & external stakeholders (clients & asset servicers)
- Drive rollout of new functionality/enhancements by engaging sales, implementations & clients directly.
- Document clear functional specifications (including SLAs) for each phase of product development
- Stay up to speed regarding regulation & trends that will have an impact on our clients and their derivative workflows in order to thoughtfully craft development plans
- Analyze customer usage statistics to support strategy and product development roadmap
- Strong understanding of existing AIM and complementary workflows (TSOX, ETS, MARS, PORT)
- Effective communication skills regarding project requirements/scenarios.
- Ability to organize complex projects and understand the dependencies across services to deliver features.
- Willingness to continuously learn about new derivative products, the offering, competitors, the market and how AIM clients will interact with them.
- Ability to engage with different product areas within Bloomberg and ensure roadmap alignment with those areas.
- Strong collaboration skills, self-motivation and be a consensus builder.
- High level understanding of different derivative products or deep understanding of particular derivative family (equity, interest rate, fx, etc.).
- Detail-oriented with solid analytic skills with basic knowledge of data visualization methodologies.
- Knowledge of agile methodology and scrum based product development
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.