Product Analyst - PORT Performance Attribution
New York, NY
Posted Mar 24, 2022 - Requisition No. 101854
Bloomberg is a leading provider of portfolio analytics and risk management tools. This includes investment and market analysis of both alpha and beta sources, portfolio benchmarking and performance measurement, asset allocation, and risk measurement at both the portfolio and security level.
Bloomberg’s PORT platform is a leading provider of quantitative portfolio analytics, offering unmatched market coverage and a full suite of tools for risk measurement, performance attribution and scenario analysis. Leveraging Bloomberg’s unparalleled breadth and depth of pricing, reference and market data, PORT offers asset managers a powerful set of capabilities for managing investment processes across fixed income, equities, derivatives, and alternatives. In addition, PORT provides best-in-class tools for benchmarking against the Bloomberg Fixed Income Indices.
We are seeking a Product Analyst to join the Portfolio Analytics and Risk department to focus on the Performance Attribution, with a strong understanding of the portfolio management process of our buy side customers. The objective is to continue to build on our market leading attribution model and focus on Bloomberg’s next generation attribution model MAC HPA. The role will focus on ensuring accuracy of performance calculations, robustness and intuitiveness of attribution results and building enhancements based on in depth industry research and client feedback. You will play an active role in overall product vision, including model construction, quality assurance, product feedback, collaboration, and contribution to marketing strategy. The role is based in New York.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with the Product Managers to develop plans to improve and expand our attribution offering to clients
- Build a close working relationship with the business, index, terminal and Sales divisions and incorporate their feedback and direction into the improvement of the attribution product
- Build a strong QA process and procedures that ensures high quality attribution for new releases
- Contribute to other related initiatives including the development of workflow tools, classification systems, bond pricing, and non-fixed income analytics
- Interact with end users to understand their needs and to promote our offerings
- Investigate internal and external client queries on input prices, reference data and analytics
- Actively engage with engineering, client support, data and product teams to improve production processes and to increase the operational efficiency of the business
- Evolve and improve the sourcing, production and quality control of all indicative data entering index applications
You’ll need to have:
- Strong data and quantitative analysis skills
- Strong operational and process management skills
- Desire and ability to quickly understand and learn the portfolio analytics business role within the capital markets
- Willingness to learn complex business and technology processes and actively contribute to their evolution
- Self-motivation, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with our clients
We’d love to see:
- Technology skills such as scripting or SQL
- Eagerness to work in a challenging, complex, fast-paced, high-pressure environment
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.