Product Analyst - PORT Risk & Performance Attribution
New York, NY
Posted Oct 12, 2022 - Requisition No. 110235
Bloomberg is a leading provider of portfolio analytics and risk management tools. This includes investment and market analysis of both alpha and beta sources, portfolio benchmarking and performance measurement, asset allocation, and risk measurement at both the portfolio and security level.
Bloomberg’s PORT platform is a leading provider of quantitative portfolio analytics, offering unmatched market coverage and a full suite of tools for risk measurement, performance attribution and scenario analysis. Leveraging Bloomberg’s unparalleled breadth and depth of pricing, reference and market data, PORT offers asset managers a powerful set of capabilities for managing investment processes across fixed income, equities, derivatives, and alternatives. In addition, PORT provides best-in-class tools for benchmarking against the Bloomberg Fixed Income Indices.
We are seeking a Product Analyst to join the Portfolio Analytics and Risk department to focus on the Risk and Performance Attribution Models, with a strong understanding of the portfolio management process of our buy side customers. The objective is to continue to build on our market leading portfolio models and focus on Bloomberg’s next generation attribution models: MAC3 and MAC HPA respectively. The role will focus on ensuring accuracy of results, robustness, intuitiveness of model outputs and building enhancements based on in depth industry research and client feedback. You will play an active role in overall product vision, including model construction, quality assurance, product feedback, collaboration, and contribution to marketing strategy. The role is based in New York.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with the Product Managers to develop plans to improve and expand our risk and attribution offering to clients
- Build a close working relationship with the business, index, terminal and Sales divisions and incorporate their feedback and direction into the improvement of the portfolio models
- Build a strong QA process and procedures that ensures high quality risk and attribution for new releases
- Contribute to other related initiatives including the development of workflow tools, classification systems, bond pricing, and non-fixed income analytics
- Interact with end users to understand their needs and to promote our offerings
- Investigate internal and external client queries on input prices, reference data and analytics
- Actively engage with engineering, client support, data and product teams to improve production processes and to increase the operational efficiency of the business
- Evolve and improve the sourcing, production and quality control of all indicative data entering index applications
- 3 years of experience
- Proven data and quantitative analysis skills
- Demonstrated effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders
- Technology skills such as scripting or SQL
- Eagerness to work in an evolving, fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Curiosity and desire to expand understanding beyond current expertise and into adjacent areas If this sounds like you:
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps, but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 225,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus