Product Analyst - Portfolio Analytics
New York, NY
Posted Oct 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 110310
Bloomberg is a leading provider of portfolio analytics and risk management tools. This includes investment and market analysis of both alpha and beta sources, portfolio benchmarking and performance measurement, asset allocation, and risk measurement at both the portfolio and security level.
Bloomberg’s PORT platform is a leading provider of quantitative portfolio analytics, offering unmatched market coverage and a full suite of tools for risk measurement, performance attribution and scenario analysis. Leveraging Bloomberg’s unparalleled breadth and depth of pricing, reference and market data, PORT offers asset managers a powerful set of capabilities for managing investment processes across fixed income, equities, derivatives, and alternatives. In addition, PORT provides best-in-class tools for benchmarking against the Bloomberg Fixed Income Indices.
The Product Analyst will drive all phases of product development, including developing and refining specifications, engaging groups across enterprise for input and prioritization, working with engineering to build product, guiding Quality Assurance on test scenarios, working with sales and implementations on rollout and soliciting feedback to further refine capability for the Bloomberg buyside offering. Identifying industry trends and market/client needs is essential to thrive in this role. You’ll be a key piece in ensuring that Bloomberg continues to be both leaders and innovators in the space.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with the Product Managers to develop plans to improve workflows for our customers
- Build a close working relationship with the business, index, terminal and Sales divisions and incorporate their feedback and direction into the improvement of the portfolio suite of analytics
- Interact with end users to understand their needs and to promote our offerings
- Actively engage with engineering, client support, data and product teams to improve production processes and to increase the operational efficiency of the business
- Drive rollout of new functionality/enhancements by engaging sales, implementations & clients directly.
- Analyze customer usage statistics to support strategy and product development roadmap
You’ll need to have:
- 2+ years of experience in a Product position within financial services*
- Proven data and quantitative analysis skills
- Demonstrated effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge of developing project requirements & scenarios.
- Technology skills such as scripting or SQL
- Eagerness to work in an evolving, fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Curiosity and desire to expand understanding beyond current expertise and into adjacent areas
- Ability to organize complex projects and understand the dependencies across services to deliver features.
- Willingness to continuously detect and analyze the latest buyside industry trends and the competitor landscape
- Ability to engage with different product areas within Bloomberg and ensure roadmap alignment with those areas.
- Strong collaboration skills; a self-motivator who demonstrates that they can be a consensus builder.
We’d love to see:
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps, but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 225,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus