Product Analyst, Index
New York, NY
Posted Mar 20, 2023 - Requisition No. 114914
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks, systematic strategies and custom index solutions. Used as the basis of investment products and performance benchmarking globally, the Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg media platforms enable the global investment community to interact with our products.
What’s the Role?
You'll be joining a fast growing and highly motivated index product team that sits within our Enterprise Data Division. You will be focused on product marketing and commercialization of our fixed income indices. In your responsibility of product positioning and commercial success of the business you would work closely with Sales, Research, Legal, Production, Engineering, Marketing, PR teams, and participate in client meetings globally. You’ll also help develop new Bloomberg terminal analytics that will transform the index industry.
Regarding domain expertise, you’ll have deep knowledge of the sales process, marketing and messaging product, the index industry and the asset management industry. You’ll be expected to influence product vision and then execute on that vision. You’ll be comfortable in working with data and have a talent in extracting meaningful intelligence to drive innovation and product direction. You’ll have outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills. You’ll be someone with the ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; someone who has the courage to take positions advocating change and then deliver. This is a role with very high visibility within the organization and the investment community.
We’ll trust you to:
- Contribute meaningfully to the marketing, messaging, sales interaction, and sales training for the index product offering
- Serve as the first point of contact and be a proactive partner to our sales teams
- Create new sales ideas and other actionable content and approaches to support the sale of our index products
- Communicate product vision and build consensus among senior leadership team
- Assess client needs and translate them into index-based solutions
- Manage strategic projects with cross-functional teams to achieve increased efficiencies and enhanced outcomes
- 5+ years of index industry or asset management experience with direct product management / product specialist experience*
- Proven understanding of financial markets, investment management and the sales process
- Demonstrated experience developing full-cycle product plans
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel (including pivot tables and v-lookups)
- Eagerness to work in an evolving, fast-paced, and high-pressure work environment
- A desire to interact directly with both internal and external clients
- Curiosity and desire to expand knowledge beyond current expertise
- Excellent analytical capabilities working with large data sets
- Familiarity with the Bloomberg Terminal
You’ll need to have:
We’d Love to See:
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we will certainly consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps, but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 225,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus