Product Analyst, Net Zero
New York, NY
Posted May 16, 2023 - Requisition No. 116311
At Bloomberg, we are committed to fighting the battle against climate change. That’s why we’re taking action, using our expertise in data – and decades of experience leading from the front – to address climate change from every angle. Climate change is changing the way market participants allocate capital, and the ability for businesses and investors to understand their climate related impacts, risks, and mitigation pathways is crucial.
Our offerings are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
As a team, we are responsible for the development of Net Zero Transition focused data solutions for Bloomberg, and work across key climate initiatives.
As part of the Net Zero Product Team, you will have an enormous impact on supporting the global financial sector’s work to stop climate change and ensuring that financing and capital allocation decisions occur in ways that enable the world to reach net zero by 2050 in line with the objectives of the Paris Agreement.
We'll trust you to:
- Demonstrate your understanding of climate and transition focused data when engaging users and supporting uptake of net zero data solutions.
- Lead the onboarding and support of new and existing users, understanding, and providing feedback on client needs and market trends.
- Act in an advisory capacity to our clients around the challenges that they face, and how they can or could use our solutions to solve them.
- Conduct user visits and trainings. Determine region specific needs and support mechanisms to increase global uptake of solutions. Ensure consistency in solution messaging across jurisdictions.
- Build and maintain documentation and training content to be used by users and internal partners.
- Analyze customer feedback to develop recommendations to the Net Zero Data Public Utility (NZDPU) Product Manager for product improvements.
- Continuously increase product knowledge and relevant skill sets to be aligned with business goals
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years in a product or sustainability related role.
- Proven understanding of the intersection of climate data with user workflows.
- Experience building and fostering relationships with new and existing users as well building an internal network.
- Proven customer service experience with the ability to collaborate effectively with our users and internal partners.
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree in, Environmental Science, Sustainability, Economics, Public Policy, Engineering, Mathematics, MBA, or related field preferred/CFA or CAIA designation.
- Eagerness to work in a challenging, sophisticated, and fast paced environment with high degree of self-motivation and willingness to learn complex business and technology processes and actively contribute to their evolution.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 225,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus