Product Coach - Product, Data & Engineering Coaching Team
New York, NY
Posted May 11, 2023 - Requisition No. 116223
The Mission of the PDE Coaching Team is to partner with people across Bloomberg to evolve the culture and ensure that the company thrives in an ever-changing, complex environment. The team helps Product, Data & Engineering align on their goals and values and encourages Product Thinking and promotes an agility mindset throughout the organization.
The PDE Coaching Team is highly collaborative and thoughtful in our approach to helping teams. We achieve our goals by coaching leaders, teams and individuals, designing and delivering training and workshops, fostering the growing Product and Agile community, and building strong productive partnerships across the company. We are currently recruiting for an experienced Product Coach to join our team.
As one of our first dedicated product coaches, you will play a critical role in setting the pathway for Product Coaching at Bloomberg. You will be responsible for coaching, mentoring and training product managers across the organization throughout various stages of the product development life cycle, from research and discovery and building a strategy, into implementation and go to market.
We'll trust you to:
- Help the organization solve business challenges and deliver products by championing product-led and agile ways of working
- Help create and deliver comprehensive Product Manager trainings
- Use your experience and knowledge to choose the appropriate tools, techniques and approaches in a variety of contexts
- Create and utilize a network of people within and outside of Bloomberg
- Collaborate as teammates with other Product and Organizational Coaches
- Have knowledge of different approaches to Product Management and external resources
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience working as a Product Manager and ideally 2+ years of experience in coaching Product Managers.
- A deep understanding of Product Thinking and how to apply this in mature organizations
- A proven track record of success helping different kinds of organizations navigate change and a willingness to adapt your style and methods to meet the needs of each organization
- Demonstrable understanding of Agile and Lean
- Experience with various product management techniques and industry leading best practices including using and teaching OKRs, KPIs, Journey Mapping, User Story Mapping
- Understanding of the difference between coaching, mentoring, facilitating and teaching, and when each approach is applicable
- Ability to design and deliver trainings that are effective, engaging and focused
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new skills and ways of working to fit the unique needs of Bloomberg
We’d love to see:
- An understanding of organizational design and systems thinking
- Experience as a Product Manager working with complex products working towards meeting external deadlines such as regulatory requirements
If this sounds like you and you want to make meaningful impacts to the organization, please get in touch!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 145,000 - 210,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus