Product Manager - Data Management Services
New York, NY
Posted Jun 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 104657
Bloomberg Data Management Services Ltd is a fast-paced, innovative and expanding part of Bloomberg's Enterprise Data group. Our mission is to simplify data management through our hosted data management platforms that help firms eliminate inconsistencies inherent in working with multiple data vendors while lowering overall costs and providing strategic business advantages.
What's the role?
We're looking for an experienced Product Manager to join the Data Management Services (DMS) team. It is an exciting opportunity for someone with a background in enterprise data and an understanding of the shifting demands of both buy- and sell-side businesses. The candidate will be able to confidently establish connections and passionately engage with our client base while working with product development, client services, and engineering teams to help improve and expand the features of a sophisticated, cloud-based data management service.
We'll trust you to:
- Build clear and concise requirement's analysis, specifications and business process documentation
- Define product requirements and functional specifications through collaboration with multiple partners
- Work with internal and external teams during client onboarding processes to ensure timely and quality deliverables
- Deliver new product information and product updates to stakeholders (e.g. sales, marketing, engineering, support teams and clients)
- Provide support and direction to internal teams in the definition of technical solutions across the product suite
- Understand the product platform and its components and use it to improve client workflows
- Develop best practices for existing business patterns and new feature ideas
- Influence the strategic direction of the product
- Share and build knowledge within the product team
You'll need to have:
- Ideally 10 years' experience in finance or the FinTech industry, particularly experience related to reference data and pricing
- Knowledge of asset classes like equities, fixed income, derivatives, indices, mortgages and their typical attributes and lifecycles, data used in the securities industry (especially related to reference data), pricing, FX, entity data, OTCs, - data feeds from vendors such as Bloomberg, ICE, Six, Refinitiv etc.
- Knowledge of securities and trading lifecycle, typical front/middle/back office functions
- Knowledge of the EDM systems and the software development lifecycle
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Data modelling experience in the financial services industry
- An interest in meeting clients and prospects, learning about the industry and the challenges of implementing EDM, helping our global sales force
- Demonstrate Analytical skills
- Thought leadership, passion and excitement for the product space
- Excellent communication skills, that ability to balance multiple projects and priorities with appropriate judgement and time management skills
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org