Product Manager – Contributed Over-the-Counter Price Data
New York, NY
Posted May 18, 2018 - Requisition No. 67156
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're all about capturing, analyzing and enriching data to provide to our customers.
Our team is on the front line. We work hard to build the preeminent platform for over-the-counter price distribution- connecting thousands of content providers with hundreds of thousands of customers. We work with experienced engineering teams, content specialists and sales to build new technologies that offer our data providers intelligent means to distribute high quality price data to their customers.
What's in it for you:
You understand what moves and impacts markets in order to anticipate the ever-changing needs of businesses and our clients. You are passionate about building products that empower our users by providing the most relevant and differentiated data possible. You are a self-starter with true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the vision and know-how to leverage technology to create meaningful and efficient solutions for our clients.
You’ll define how we make content, smarter- within the largest marketplace for contributed price data.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop and drive a strategic vision for Bloomberg’s contributed price data distribution platform
- Serve as the focal point between sales, content specialists, and engineering to enhance and improve the quality and breadth of our data coverage
- Effectively manage the product specification, prioritization and backlog
- Lead cross-functional effort to ensure Bloomberg is aligned with our data providers and remains a source of reliable and quality information
- Continually address business needs through an agile process
- Clearly communicate product vision, execution plan and development status with key stakeholders
- Manage multiple projects at the same time and able to shift priorities quickly when needed
- Follow technology trends and developments in the data space
You’ll need to have:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in technical Product Management role
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Strong leadership skills and experience, with emphasis on executing projects in a matrix organization
- Acute problem-solving and analytical skills
- Superior customer service, negotiation and relationship management skills
- Desire to be challenged and motivated to rise to the occasion
- Ability to be as much ‘all hands on deck’ as you are ‘get it done’
- Demonstrated expertise in Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Passion for, and knowledge of Financial Markets
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.