Product Manager – Data Rights and Entitlements
New York, NY
Posted Mar 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 101312
Bloomberg runs on data. Data drives the Market.
The Content Acquisition & Business Management (CABM) department is responsible for managing, acquiring and integrating content and data from Exchanges, Brokers, Sell-side and other types of providers to drive the value of the Bloomberg Terminal and downstream products to our customers.
Within CABM’s Data Rights and Entitlements team, we work with expert engineering teams, data rights & entitlement specialists, contracts analysts, technical account managers, Product Managers and senior leadership to build a robust data rights technology framework. This proprietary technology ensures we have the appropriate controls in place so that it’s clear who can take what actions with what information, and when, under what circumstances, using what methods.
We’re looking for a seasoned Product Manager to lead this technology framework that is critical to advancing our resilience around data rights & entitlements.
You're an experienced professional who is familiar with market data provider policies, such as entitlement and reporting. You love building relationships and working seamlessly across business lines. You are passionate about building products and crafting a system of decision rights and accountabilities for information-related processes. You are a self-starter with true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the vision and know-how to use technology to build meaningful and efficient solutions for our internal and external clients. You are steadfast in the pursuit of risk mitigation
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand market data and technology in order to develop and drive the data rights strategic vision for Bloomberg’s proprietary 3rd party data infrastructure
- Establish, track and monitor value realization metrics for the data rights products
- Be accountable for enablement, adoption and growth of data rights products
- Serve as the focal point between engineering, data rights specialists and product managers of other Bloomberg products to ensure the appropriate integrations are in place
- Efficiently manage and communicate product vision, strategy, measurement/reporting, prioritization, and backlog
- Plan, design, test and implement solutions to complex problems
- Develop and deliver reports & technical requirements documentation
- Use qualitative and quantitative discovery techniques to measurably tackle hard problems
- Follow technology trends and developments in the data, product management, and financial markets spaces
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Product Management role, ideally in Data Governance
- 5+ years of data management consulting or industry experience with master data, metadata, data architecture, data governance, data quality, data modeling, data standards, or data strategy
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of product discovery and product delivery
- Demonstrated ability to conduct user research and surface insights that lead to outcomes
- Strong leadership skills and experience, with emphasis on implementing projects in a matrix organization
- Acute problem-solving and analytical abilities (in particular, experience conducting product discovery by analyzing operational/usage data and by interviewing users)
- Experience setting and executing against product metrics/ OKRs
- Experience working with Scrum/Agile methodology
- Interest in financial markets
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
You’ll need to have:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.