Product Manager – Multimedia Platform
New York, NY
Posted Nov 3, 2023 - Requisition No. 121376
Bloomberg is seeking a Multimedia Platform Product Manager under Bloomberg Core Product's News Product, Tech & Publishing group. We are a newly created department within Bloomberg's Core Product group. We oversee the strategy for all aspects of news and content innovation, journalistic tools, and technology underpinning editorial & research, content discovery, and distribution. Around the clock and around the globe, we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion, and proprietary data distributed across platforms.
This role focuses on backend multimedia software development and includes leading operational and workflow-related aspects of aligned media teams. In this exciting role, we expect you to be an expert on Digital Asset Management (DAM) technology, multimedia storage, connectivity, streaming, delivery, and access. You will also build alliances with stakeholders and create a vision and roadmap for how our multimedia platform can enhance systems leveraging media content and generate efficiencies.
Within this role, you will be connecting with multimedia clients within Bloomberg to learn how to tackle their biggest challenges in using our centralized multimedia platform. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact in the development of this platform while having the flexibility to pitch original product ideas and bring them to life.
We'll trust you to:
- Take responsibility for Bloomberg's multimedia platform systems
- Gain an end-to-end understanding of content-related workflows by spending time with our users?to understand the end-to-end workflows
- Work closely within the News, Product, Tech, and Publishing teams to prioritize requirements and implement with engineering, as well as communicate the product roadmap across the organization
- Effectively translate technical jargon to non-technical users and articulate clear requirements to our talented engineers
- Partner with other product leads and engineering teams to solve problems that expand outside your team
- Plan and lead the rollout of new features and products to users
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in a product manager or analyst role*
- 4+ years of relevant work experience working with Digital Asset Management (DAM) or Media Asset Management (MAM) technology, including storage, streaming, media content delivery, media players, and APIs *
- Software product management experience including roadmap prioritization, release management, user interviews, and data-driven analysis
- Demonstrated experience addressing multiple priorities in a timely manner while working in a fast-paced environment
We'd love to see:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate the product vision, goals and impact clearly and consistently to leadership and partners
- An entrepreneurial approach to problem solving
- Experience architecting a product vision that moves the needle and gets users excited
- A passion for thoughtful user experience
- Ability to be comfortable with details and complexities without losing sight of the big picture
- A background in news, media or publishing; having been a power user of a DAM, MAM, and/or CMS; and/or have a genuine interest in content technology
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we will certainly consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills vital for the role.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
We'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 140,000 - 295,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus