Product Manager - API Products
New York, NY
Posted Jun 24, 2022 - Requisition No. 104799
We are Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding! We have worked hard to become the $1bn+ global business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and financial technology (FinTech) needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling means our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply cannot operate.
What's the Role?
We are looking for an individual to join our fast-growing API Products Product Development Team. The team drives the business strategy and product development for a range of data-focused offerings for Bloomberg Professional terminal clients. These APIs deliver a rich set of data and analytics spanning all asset classes, as well as Bloomberg’s OMS/EMS/PMS businesses. Part of the Bloomberg Professional terminal, the Desktop API in Excel is one of the most widely adopted solutions for front office users globally. Our data API for applications, Server API, powers market-leading third-party and in-house applications, including web-based, mobile native, and cloud-hosted applications. The API Product team is composed of a diverse set of individuals with expertise in different domains working together to drive innovation.
We'll trust you to:
- Define and articulate clear strategies, goals and initiatives that drive predefined and clearly articulated business outcomes
- Take ownership for the delivery of new products and features that will be used by leading capital markets firms
- Work alongside product managers and engineers to define, scope, and help solve highly complex problems in an agile environment
- Develop user stories and requirements that will lead to new products, new product features, or improve existing products
- Represent Bloomberg to our customers, prospects, and vendor partners
- Work with Marketing and Sales to promote and attain our desired business outcomes and continuously drive adoption
- Experience and/or desire to work with the front and middle office in financial markets with background in one or more asset classes (Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities, FX, Derivatives, etc)
- Proficiency in managing dependencies and stakeholders to ensure a frictionless client experience
- Ability to distil technical concepts in understandable terms to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding that with high visibility comes high accountability
You’ll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- Product Development experience working on financial applications for trading, risk, research and analytics
- Working knowledge of a programming language e.g. Python, Java, C++
- Hands-on experience working with OMS/EMS/PMS and/or demonstrable knowledge of financial user workflows
- Proficiency with API’s, service-oriented architectures, and being a part of a team that has designed/built enterprise applications
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.