Product Manager - Bloomberg Marketing
New York, NY
Posted Oct 22, 2019 - Requisition No. 79142
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg Marketing partners with forward-looking business leaders to seize and create opportunities and to drive difference. We use data to understand markets and audiences and creative ideas to build stories and brands. We build campaigns and work that captures attention and drives a reaction. We move fast, and our core approach is integrated and disruptive.
We are looking for a Product Owner to act as the conduit between our Business, Marketing Managers and Engineering teams. You will work to define functional requirements and specifications for our marketing technology requests. You'll represent the interests of all partners when making decisions about functional implementations, project scope and prioritization. Ultimately you will be responsible for the success of these initiatives.
We'll trust you to:
- Engage with our internal partners across Bloomberg, to gather requirements and prioritize initiatives according to the business impact and needs
- Seek solutions to drive efficiencies through technology by collaborating with the various marketing partners identify where gaps may exist to help build the requirements for engineering
- Build, maintain, prioritize and sequence the Product Backlog according to business value or ROI
- Participate in Sprint Planning meetings to communicate and respond to all questions about stories presented for consideration in the current sprint
- Convey sprint initiatives at the beginning and completion of every sprint cycle in order to communicate status and keep an open dialogue with the key stakeholders.
- Inspect the product progress at the end of every sprint and accept or reject the work done
- Lead team meetings to prioritize backlog in order actively participate and ensure productive bi-monthly JIRA grooming sessions.
- Convert customer feature requests accurately into stories and collaborate with key stakeholders to get any questions answered, prior to including them in any sprints.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Finance, or related subjects
- Confirmed aptitude in business analysis and documentation
- Expertise in building partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with engineering, business and marketing colleagues
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly; Expertise in Agile methodology preferred
- Ability to quickly understand complex technical matters and communicate them succinctly
- Persistent follow through and execution of business plans while remaining responsive to changing conditions
- Ambitious attitude, collaboration skills, and ability to work without close supervision
- Strong customer focus, service-minded mentality, and organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.