Product Manager - Bloomberg News
New York, NY
Posted Apr 30, 2019 - Requisition No. 74887
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. At Bloomberg, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. At the core of this network is our ability to deliver data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately. Around the clock, around the globe – we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform.
Being first to report on what’s moving markets isn’t possible without technology - even for the world’s biggest business and financial news team. That’s where we come in.
Our Product Development team builds solutions for monitoring and enhancing breaking news. We work hard every day to streamline news curation for over 2,800 reporters and editors around the world. Working with experienced engineering teams, we ideate and implement tools that impact news production and workflow efficiency every day.
We’re looking for a seasoned Product Manager to define how we make news curation smarter. That’s where you come in.
You are passionate about building products that empower our users by providing the most relevant and differentiated content possible. You are a self-starter with true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the vision and know-how to leverage technology to create meaningful and efficient solutions for news team.
As a valued member of our team, we’ll trust you to:
- Develop and drive a strategic vision for Bloomberg’s breaking news monitoring technology.
- Build tools that improve the speed and efficiency of our coverage.
- Consolidate systems to streamline operations.
- Integrate with AI services to optimize the workflow.
- Implement a business intelligence (BI) strategy with custom KPIs.
- Effectively manage the product specification, prioritization and backlog.
- Work seamlessly with our experienced engineers on product milestones.
- Continually address business needs through an agile process.
- Clearly communicate product vision, execution plan and development status with key stakeholders.
- Lead multiple projects at the same time and able to shift priorities quickly when needed.
- Follow technology trends and developments in the media and data space.
You will need to have:
- 5 or more years of experience in technical Product Management role.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Strong leadership skills and experience, with emphasis on executing projects in a matrix organization.
- Acute problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Superior customer service, negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Desire to be challenged and motivated to rise to the occasion.
- Ability to be as much ‘all hands on deck’ as you are ‘get it done.’
- Demonstrated expertise with the Scrum methodology.
- Passion for, and knowledge of Financial Markets.
- Communication, communication, communication!
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.