Product Manager - Connectivity and Integration Solutions (CIS) , Observability & Predictive Analytics
New York, NY
Posted Sep 26, 2018 - Requisition No. 70963
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, track P&L, lead sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating and effectively monitoring these systems so that data moves correctly across the enterprise, at higher speeds and lower costs. Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm’s business model or data. That’s where we come in.
Here at Bloomberg Connectivity and Integration Solutions (CIS), we help firms run that complexity. Providing common tools, services and expertise, we enable firms to simplify technology relationships, which ultimately drive lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With our track record in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding customers’ needs, we believe we are positioned to help clients with this challenge.
What's the Role?
Bloomberg’s Connectivity and Integration Solutions (CIS) team is responsible for the development and deployment of the global enterprise integration capabilities within Bloomberg. We are seeking a senior-level software Product Manager to join the New York team. As part of this team, you will be responsible for Bloomberg’s CIS Predictive Analytics strategy, execution and go-to-market.
Predictive Analytics are integral to our Enterprise Console, the centralized interface that gives in-house technology and operations teams' transparency into every connected system—including Bloomberg, proprietary and third-party offerings. Users can configure new processes, modify and enrich them with data, and track the health of highly integrated workflows, as well as craft alerts for these processes.
You will lead the product initiative for proactive health monitoring of integrated workflows, processes, feeds and connectivity. As part of this you will help build the observability platform. With your machine learning expertise, you will be able to define and apply machine learning models to the firm’s operational data across integrated workflows, processes, feeds and connectivity.
We'll trust you to:
- Define business and technical standards across multiple business lines and define developmental plans, priorities and budgets
- Define the vision and product strategy
- Defend product roadmap and work with engineering to take their roadmap to execution
- Define the market strategy and launch the product
- Partner with the following groups: your matrixed engineering teams, business partners, client development/advisory boards, and marketing teams on strategy and timelines for product enhancements
- Grow the Market - give to the strategic future expansions of product offerings
You'll need to have:
- 7+ years in a Product Management role
- 5+years' experience in Enterprise SaaS/PaaS Product Management
- Observability of high-scale distributed systems
- Data Analytics and Machine Learning
- Capital Markets and Financial Technology
- Web User Interface development including work with UX teams
- The ability to clearly articulate ideas and garner support for initiatives
- Impeccable project management skills
- Experience working in a Lean/Agile Product Development environment
- Present to both technical and business audiences, including senior management and large and diverse audiences
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of Capital Markets workflows
- Software Engineering background or equivalent technical experience
- Experience with our technology stack which includes Python, Jupyter Notebooks, Spark, Tensor Flow, Kubernetes, Kafka, Cassandra, and RESTful APIs
- Proficiency with the Google suite of applications
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/integration-console/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.