Product Manager - Data Management Lab, Bloomberg Data Dictionary
New York, NY
Posted Jul 12, 2022 - Requisition No. 105437
Bloomberg’s Data Management Lab enables internal and external users to efficiently leverage a world-class data to perform analysis, uncover vital insights. and make financial decisions. To this end, the Data Management Lab empowers our Data professionals to understand their domains end-to-end, make their products “ready-to-use”, and improve the way users interact with our data. We focus on five areas of data management: discoverability, accessibility, appraisablity, interoperability and consistency.
Bloomberg Data Dictionary - Metadata Management Team:
In this role you will be working with the Bloomberg Data Dictionary (BDD) team. We are in midst of taking our metadata models and data management products to the next level. The goal is to promote the use of our data models by both external clients and internal applications. This person will have a high level of business, communication, and technology skills, so that they can create working prototypes as well as work effectively with internal stakeholders and clients.
We are enhancing existing metamodels and metadata management systems. This includes building new tools and systems to manage, govern, link and discover metadata. It also involves developing and enhancing new functions and services to distribute metadata.
In this exciting role, we expect you to deliver a product vision and execute that vision in collaboration with engineering, business, and data. You will be a key person in developing technical products that provides best-in-class customer experience. You will understand the requirements of both internal users, and external clients, and then shape the product offering to meet their needs.
You would be familiar with specifying requirements including writing JIRA stories. You would have strong technical experience around using structured data models and data sets to solve complex business demands.
What’s in it for you:
An influential business role within a fast-growing area of Bloomberg’s business.
Broad scope to design and specify meta-model for the company.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take responsibility for Bloomberg Data Dictionary’s technology products.
- Develop a product roadmap by evaluating what is possible and viable
- Communicate the roadmap across the organization, and work with engineering to execute the roadmap
- Develop functional and technical requirements by leading conversations among internal stakeholders (Engineering, Business, Data, Sales), and clients
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s (or Master’s) degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience in developing and implementing technology systems.
- Understanding of data modelling (either ER, RDF, or other similar techniques)
- Understanding of financials markets and how Bloomberg's clients use our data
- The ability to address multiple priorities in an extremely fast-paced environment
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of metadata systems and models
- Knowledge of linked data and knowledge graphs
- Knowledge of Market Data and Reference Data
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.