Product Manager - ESG Scores
New York, NY
Posted Oct 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 110675
The ESG product team is responsible for coordinating ESG product development efforts across Bloomberg with the goal of improving the terminal experience related to ESG investment workflow and crafting enterprise data and products that will result in direct revenue. This product group coordinates across the Bloomberg business and functional areas; including Bloomberg Intelligence, Bloomberg New Energy Finance (NEF), Engineering, Global Data, Enterprise Data, other Core Product Teams and Sales. The end products from this group effort will include improved data discoverability (in terminal), creation of proprietary data and scores, climate, onboarding third party data, European taxonomy workflow, and ongoing support for the Gender Equality Index.
What’s the Role?
Your primary responsibility will be to develop and support Bloomberg’s ESG scores and ESG data offering for the terminal and for our enterprise customers, in particular supporting the development of our current scores to incorporate faster datasets, as well as our impact scores.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop a business plan with clear success metrics
- Stay ahead of the competitive ESG environment
- Understand various user types and workflows in the governance space
- Develop the Bloomberg ESG scores in conjunction with our research arms
- Daily engagement with engineering team(s), regular scrum rituals including stand ups, refining sessions, planning, retros and demos
- Responsible for setting priorities of work, making trade-offs across priorities and understanding constraints (technical and resource)
- Provide engineering team with business context and strategy
- Review and refine strategy based on results vs initial success metrics
- Identify and implement product development processes where/when appropriate, that encourage collaboration across key partners and individual contributors
- Partner with Engineering and Data operations to ensure deliverables are well understood, and align with the overall business goals
- Work with Marketing and Sales to promote our product to clients
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the ESG space
- Knowledge of the key players and developments within the ESG scores space
- A strong quantitative and analytical background with the ability to synthesize content from multiple sources
- Understanding of the UN Sustainable Development Goals and application in sustainable finance
- Understanding of regulation’s metrics such as EU SDG’s PAI and DNSH
- Knowledge of Buy Side workflow
- Ability to engage across functions and to understand other team’s business goals to find mutually beneficial solutions
- Ability to represent plans to senior management and across teams
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and conceptual thinking skills
- Experience using the Bloomberg Terminal in the past
- CFA or MBA
You’ll need to have:
We'd love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/?utm_medium=Adwords&utm_source=pdsrch&utm_content=careers&tactic=434671&gclid=CjwKCAjw4c-ZBhAEEiwAZ105Rd8aiSFnXGQm3fYCYQYLum3RawLWHcO7tMIu9R_8i-Z3W9YA0Wp_hBoC_kAQAvD_BwE
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 140,000 - 295,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus