Product Manager - Enterprise Alternative and Historical Data
New York, NY
Posted Oct 7, 2021 - Requisition No. 93462
Bloomberg's Enterprise Data continues to be a market leader and the enterprise data provider of choice for the financial services industry. Our offering includes market leading data, analytics and data delivery via a fully managed platform. Our committed customer base appreciates the quality of our content, completeness of our coverage, data delivery, technology and high touch client service model.
The Bloomberg Alternative and Historical Data Business is focused on growing our platform of third party alternative data providers, creating a consistent approach to historical data across all business units, and developing innovative ways for clients to access the content, including in the public cloud. Alternative data can be sourced from new relationships with third parties, existing third party data from the Bloomberg ecosystem, or Bloomberg owned and derived data; sources include satellites, drones, mobile phones, and social sentiment. Our team is responsible for identifying, creating, and designing Enterprise Data solutions leveraging Bloomberg's proprietary analytics and industry-leading data.
What's the Role?
The business is looking for a highly focused Product Manager to join its Enterprise Alternative and Historical Data team. You will bring with you a deep understanding of market data and alternative data around quantitative investing processes. You will demonstrate how high quality market data and alternative data delivered via managed solutions can help generate alpha, automate trading, lower TCO, and improve ROI. Get ready to showcase the credibility you have achieved through a proven competency of enterprise selling across quantitative investing firms and knowledge on data science. You are well-versed in forming trusted relationships with quantitative focused clients, C-level executives, and confident in communicating how our data and technology solutions will help to achieve their overall business goals.
We'll trust you to:
- Perform market research and competitive analysis as well as analyze technology trends to identify new business opportunities and contribute to the group's overall business plan and strategy
- Perform client use case analysis with a focus on creating actionable items and datasets for development that are aligned with our client needs that help to drive increased usage
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to define and scope product requirements and functional specifications that reflect input from multiple parties
- Coordinate project execution and make feature/schedule/cost trade-offs near completion by capturing early customer feedback
- Deliver new product information and product updates to stakeholders (e.g. sales, marketing, support functions, clients)
- Maintain regular contact with industry participants, clients, auditors, regulators, etc. and present at client seminars, industry conferences and other events
- Work directly with quantitative traders, portfolio managers, and data scientists to gain a clear understanding of their business needs
- Acquire knowledge of customer quantitative investing processes, data & technology stacks, workflows, and internal structure
- Work directly with alternative data vendors to determine business viability, onboard them as channel partners, and expand our product catalog
- And ultimately be exceptionally focused on how the product and its delivery impacts the client
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a Product Manager or in a related role
- A strong understanding of capital markets, preferably in a broad range of asset classes
- Familiarity with data science and quantitative investing processes
- Basic proficiency in Python, R, or other programming languages typically used in data science; greater proficiency is highly valued
- Problem solving skills to deconstruct client problems with a data driven approach when making a business case for resources, enhancements, and getting management buy-in
- Self-motivated and driven by innovation and idea sharing
- The capability of fostering relationships with new and existing clients as well building an internal network that fosters collaboration and build on a strong culture of teamwork
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, business management, or other related field CFA or equivalent preferred
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.