Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg Media is looking for a Product Manager to help with a growing, personalized cross-platform strategy. The role reports to the Head of Growth Products and will work on defining the vision, strategy, design and delivery of innovative new products and services at scale. You’ll be able to seamlessly collaborate with teams in Editorial, Engineering, Design, and Sales to deliver best in class online experiences. You’ll have a solid understanding of ad-supported consumer media products. You’ll be well-versed in content and metadata management, personalization, big data, machine learning, feeds, and analytics.
We'll trust you to:
- Have a plan for how data will be generated, collected and consumed in order to identify ways to inform a personalization strategy
- Know how to analyze and decompose a complex system, and how to communicate that complexity simply and cleanly. You use data to clarify decisions wherever possible (hard data skills like SQL a plus).
- Have a passion for user experience, and you can do everything from user research to working closely with designers to create an amazing experience
- Be curious about technical systems and methods (e.g. machine learning) and able to work closely with engineers to articulate when, why, and how certain technical models should be applied to enhance the product personalization strategy
- Continuously drive innovation to create solutions that help our users access the data they need
- Clearly articulate your strategic vision for the product
- Partner with multidisciplinary teams to track and manage projects timely and effectively
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving
- Juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Mathematics or similar disciplines
- Demonstrable experience working with API/feeds, personalization, big data, and machine learning
- Used tools necessary to keep track of the details and the big picture; JIRA, Trello, Slack
- A strong bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development
- Excellent influencing skills and a proven collaborator; ability to work successfully with both direct and indirect teams across the organization
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts
- Deep understanding of technology and latest trends in the digital space
- Empathy for our users, a high level of integrity
- Understanding of design principles, usability, UX design
- Experience and demonstrated ability in understanding and discussing technical concepts and tradeoffs
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.