Product Manager - Pricing and Risk Services - Interest Rates
New York, NY
Posted Jul 25, 2023 - Requisition No. 117830
The Bloomberg Pricing & Risk Services team is responsible for building a leading platform for financial products across all asset classes. The platform provides a comprehensive suite of data, pricing and risk analytics to buy and sell-side firms whether using the Terminal, Enterprise Data or Enterprise Product solutions. The Pricing & Risk Services team oversees all asset classes.
The team is looking for an Interest Rates Product Manager. You will be responsible for Bloomberg's Swap Manager (SWPM) and other monitors and mnemonics used for pricing and analysis. You will join the ongoing effort to evolve our solutions to address the future needs of our clients. You will set the vision, work in close collaboration with our engineering groups, and own the interest rate derivatives asset class from pre-trade to trading post-trade workflows.
Bloomberg's Swap Manager (SWPM) allows you to price over-the-counter derivative contracts, so you can accurately quantify your market exposures for a wide range of vanilla and exotic interest-rate swaps, interest-rate options, swaptions, and interest-rate and hybrid structured notes. Using an exhaustive list of pre-trade analytical tools, SWPM can analyze and update curves and cash flows, as well as perform risk and scenario analyses for the entire deal or individual legs.
We'll trust you to:
- Understand the market and the industry at a macro and micro level and use it to shape the direction of the product
- Apply your expertise in interest rate products to determine the product road map and manage the strategy and execution
- Be viewed as a thought leader by clients and the industry and maintain specialized knowledge
- Think commercially and develop capabilities to ensure the product stays relevant and fit for purpose
- Manage the product end-to-end across Product, Engineering and Sales including expanding component-based technology
- Support the risk platforms working closely with other Product Managers, Engineering, Quants, QA and Data
- Work closely with data teams to improve existing contributions and content
- Document specifications for product development and work within our Agile collaboration framework
- Ensure smooth integration across functions within Pricing and Risk, Terminal, Enterprise and Data
- Manage remaining global rates transition (LIBOR to RFR) efforts
You'll need to have:
- 10+ years of experience working in a derivatives role
- Strong understanding of trading, booking, position management and post trade practice, as well as, deal representation technologies
- Ability to define and articulate functional architecture to engineering, product, clients
- Proven knowledge of transaction and life cycle workflows
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in overseeing product development from a business level
- Strong leadership skills including the demonstrated ability to lead through influence
- Demonstrated experience working with interest rate derivatives
We'd love to see:
- Highly motivated consensus builder who collaborates well in a team
- Ability to develop strategy around a wide range of projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Trading experience in interest rate derivatives
- Experience as a Product Manager within the financial technology space
- Leading projects and managing others
- Strong knowledge of financial regulation
- Familiarity with Agile development
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we will certainly consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills vital for the role.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 140,000 - 295,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus