Bloomberg is looking for a senior Product Manager to help lead its Automated Events & Alerts product offering. The Automated Events & Alerts product team is responsible leveraging our vast data, terminal analytics, and modern data science to smartly push relevant and sometimes hard to find content to our users so that they can make better and more informed investment decisions and not miss any key developments that could impact their decision.
This position carries a high level of visibility and responsibility, including:
- Leading a cross functional team of product managers that are focused on developing modern ways to expose relevant content to users across the Bloomberg Professional Service.
- Working with holdings, alerts, and automated events business team, global data, machine learning, news and engineering to develop and lead a coordinated business strategy which results in client adoption of new products.
- Clearly articulating that strategy in the form of a formal business plan, in senior management presentations, and in formal and informal communication across the firm and with customers, to ensure that all stakeholders are bought into the plan.
- Managing all the day to day responsibilities of a fast paced product team which includes prioritizing in-bound product development requests, setting clear deadlines and milestones for a complex development plan, and being held accountable for on-time delivery of all aspects of the plan.
- Taking a hands-on approach in working with our customers, prospects and sales force to better understand their needs while identifying and prioritizing emerging marketplace trends.
- Working closely with Marketing and Sales to develop a go to market strategy for new product releases.
- Proven experience in overseeing product development from a business level and working effectively with an engineering team to build and deliver a world-class product to customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior management experience with specific expertise in managing large scale projects and cross functional teams.
- Team player that enjoys collaborating across teams.
- Proven track record delivering a successful product
- Strong technical background with knowledge of machine learning, data science, and Agile.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Deep knowledge and prior experience working in the financial market.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 325,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 19,000 people in 192 locations around the world.