Product Manager, Acquisition and Conversion
New York, NY
Posted May 19, 2021 - Requisition No. 90884
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
Bloomberg Media is looking for a Product Manager to grow our subscriber base.
Our global subscriptions business is 3 years old and we are looking to invest in new opportunities for acquisition and growth. We’ll look to you to define the vision, strategy, design and delivery of innovative ways to attract new subscribers.
As the Product Manager of Acquisition and Conversion you will be responsible for driving business value through the growth of the active subscriber base, the impact on conversion rate, and work with key team members to define new channels, optimize user journeys and experiences, and diversifying our acquisition toolkit.
We’ll look to you as the specialist in understanding what drives consumer purchasing decisions. You should be well versed in A/B testing principles, conversion funnels, good user experiences and promotion strategies. The right person for this role is driven to deliver business results and will seek to learn about our customers through experimentation with business models, differentiating pricing offers by audience cohorts, and innovative UX/UI.
We’ll trust you to:
- Own the growth and acquisition strategies across web and mobile applications
- Be an expert in A/B testing, develop and define a roadmap to help drive incremental growth
- Partner with internal and external teams to improve our testing infrastructure, and be an advocate for “test & learn”
- Own, iterate, and maintain the key user touchpoints for conversion: the paywall meter, the paywall, on-site marketing messages, offer pages, and landing pages
- Drive innovation through the collaboration of a cross-functional team, including Data Science, Marketing, Product Design, and UX research
- Partner with business owners on the Paid & Social channels to push experimentation and create a seamless user experience from paid channels to on-site conversion experience
- Define the middle of the funnel strategy and how it plays into larger acquisition efforts; partner with key stakeholders on the marketing and editorial front to convert mid-funnel users into full paying subscribers
- Be deeply tied to our data and make data-based decisions
- Know your customer. Stay informed on market trends; both technology and consumer behavior wise.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of Product Management experience
- Demonstrable experience working in a consumer-facing digital context in publishing or in more traditional e-commerce/subscriptions businesses
- Experience with A/B testing platforms and the in-depth use of data to inform decisions
- Ability to keep track of the details and the big picture; JIRA, Trello, Slack
- Excellent influencing skills and a proven collaborator; ability to work successfully with both direct and indirect teams across the organization
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts
- Deep understanding of technology and latest trends in the digital space
- Empathy for our users, a high level of integrity
- Understanding of design principles, usability, UX design
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.