Product Manager, Big Data and ML Toolkits - CTO Quant Platforms
New York, NY
Posted Sep 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 108426
BQuant Enterprise is Bloomberg’s brand new, cloud-hosted data science platform designed specifically for financial markets. BQuant Enterprise combines a powerful, Jupyter notebook-based development environment with Bloomberg's comprehensive range of high-quality, market leading, multi-asset-class financial and alternative data sets.
Machine learning and big data are transforming the world of quantitative investment research. By leveraging distributed computing, firms are able to run experiments using decades of data and tune models against hundreds of parameters.
As a Product Manager for Big Data and ML Toolkits, you’ll help Bloomberg bring state of the art computation paradigms (Spark, TensorFlow, etc) to our BQuant Enterprise platform. You’ll need to take a multifaceted approach and consider how GPUs, experiment management features, ML toolkits and big data processing engines all work together to enable cutting edge data science.
This is a high-leverage role in a very cross-functional environment so you’ll need to be comfortable wearing many hats and balancing technical expertise with business acumen.
We’ll trust you to:
- Interview quants, data scientists and other stakeholders to deeply understand their workflows, synthesize feedback and map user requirements into tangible feature sets
- Own the roadmap for big data and machine learning features within BQuant Enterprise
- Work with a talented engineering team to scope work, solve problems and manage the software delivery pipeline
- Communicate across the organization to align efforts from many departments
- Define key elements of our go-to-market strategy and ensure a smooth product rollout
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in a Product Management role
- Data science experience using Python, especially Jupyter notebooks and Pandas
- Experience with machine learning and ML toolkits such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience with Spark and the Hadoop Ecosystem
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and help out even when it’s not in your job description
We’d love to see:
- Prior experience in financial services and an understanding of the investment research workflows
- Experience with public cloud providers such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with Kubernetes
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 140,000 - 295,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus