Product Manager, Bloomberg Transaction Cost Analysis
New York, NY
Posted May 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 103498
Bloomberg Transaction Cost Analysis, BTCA, is a multi-asset, post-trade and pre-trade, transaction cost analysis tool that combines customer’s trades with the breadth and transparency of Bloomberg's market data to deliver powerful analysis against a wide range of benchmarks. Furthermore, BTCA provides a comprehensive and highly flexible transactional surveillance engine that can be configured to identify and alert on a wide variety of compliance scenarios. We are looking for Product Managers with a passion for data and analytics to take the product forward.
What's the role?
As a Product Manager, you will be designing our TCA product for future growth, while supporting our existing client base. You will work across multiple teams to guide our product from conception to launch for our clients to analyze transactions for performance, surveillance/compliance monitoring and decision support. To accomplish this, you will listen to our clients, work closely with engineering on design, and assist sales on education of new features. You should be well versed in data-driven analysis to assist on the product design and measure your success.
We'll trust you to:
- Take ownership and drive the strategy and product development for your product area
- Define the business requirements to translate client requests into clear deliverables
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to explain technical and complex issues to various audiences
- Manage development prioritization, and backlog by continually addressing business needs through an agile process
- Work with marketing and sales to help explain and promote our product to clients
- Collaborate with engineering and other product teams including our quant group on solving business problems
You'll need to have:
- Fundamental understanding of Transaction Cost Analysis concepts
- Capital markets experience including broad knowledge of different financial products including equities, fixed income and FX
- Familiarity with the life cycle of a trade from inception to execution including different types of data formats like JSON and FIX
- Solid understanding of buy-side and/or sell-side trading plus compliance workflows
- Strong relationship building, communication and presentation skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- An understanding of the Agile methodology and how to apply it
- Strong track record of meeting defined success metrics
We would love to see:
- Exposure with various electronic trading platforms specifically in fixed income or FX.
- Understanding of global regulation and familiar with the trade surveillance space
- Technical background in database design
- Developed business intelligence applications like Tableau, Qliksense or PowerBI
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.