Product Manager, Credit Risk & Investment Data Analytics
New York, NY
Posted Jan 9, 2023 - Requisition No. 113255
Bloomberg Risk & Investment Data Analytics (RIA)
We are Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding! We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and financial technology (FinTech) needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling enables our clients to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Put simply, our award-winning data helps power the capital markets!
The Risk & Investment Analytics (RIA) team manages an award-winning suite of data products which includes Bloomberg’s Liquidity Assessment solution (LQA), Market Implied Probability of Default (MIPD), and Fund Analytics. These products combine Bloomberg’s vast database of reference data, pricing data and market data with innovative financial models to produce data-driven analytics that enable our clients to proactively manage credit and liquidity risk throughout the trade life cycle. Our team also continues to innovate and develop new products for emerging and complex risks like physical risks associated with climate change.
As a Product Manager, you will join a highly motivated and successful team where you will focus on the development of powerful risk and investment analytics for our clients. You will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of new and enhanced enterprise data products primarily focused on credit and counterparty risk management. Our product development process starts with market analysis and prototyping with clients, then managing the technical implementation with engineering and quantitative research teams, and finally driving client adoption with the sales and marketing teams.
You’ll adapt your communication style according to your audience and be equally adept at collaborating with technical engineering and quant teams, as well as presenting to clients and soliciting feedback. We need someone with the ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; someone who has the courage to innovate and advocate for change then deliver on those proposals. We’ll expect you to define the product vision, and then execute on that vision in an agile environment.
Regarding domain expertise, you’ll have a solid understanding of best practices in credit and counterparty risk management as to the Buy-side or Sell-Side, quantitative financial modelling, understanding of risk analytics, and what our customers need from an analytics, workflow and data perspective.
We’ll trust you to:
- Contribute to the analysis, evaluation, and product vision for the suite of Risk & Investment Analytics product offerings
- Drive the development and market acceptance of Bloomberg as the standard for RIA
- Understand client workflows and challenges, and identify their needs for new data and analytics
- Develop product specifications and prototypes
- Work closely with Engineering and Quant teams to enhance our existing products, deliver new product offerings, and integrate with other Bloomberg products to extend client adoption
- Manage the product backlog, and prioritization process
- Clearly communicate with the product stakeholders the product vision and collaborate to define new ways to integrate our products in our customer workflows.
- Academic background in an analytical and technical degree including, but not limited to: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Statistics or Economics
- Minimum of 7 years of hands-on technical product experience in finance industry
- Solid understanding of financial markets in all major liquid asset classes and good knowledge of Bloomberg Data
- Demonstrated marketing skills with a point of view on product positioning and product adoption strategy
- Experience working with engineering/technology and a track record of delivery and execution around product and content specifications, development and ultimate client delivery
- Presentation, communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to present to management, build internal networks and client relationships across and outside of the firm
- Organizational and project management skills with an ability to focus on product prioritization, execution and client delivery.
You’ll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- Demonstrated understanding of statistical analysis, time series analysis, data mining, quantitative financial modeling
- Basic proficiency in technology, infrastructure, computing and coding skills, preferably Python
- Financial products knowledge ideally within a quantitative capacity with involvement in risk and pricing models including feature and model enhancements, model validation and working with large quantities of data.
Does this sound like you
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional. Enterprise Data page: https://data.bloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 140,000 - 295,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus