Product Manager, Data Science
New York, NY
Posted May 4, 2023 - Requisition No. 116036
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg Media is looking for a Product Manager to oversee a growing suite of data products focused on data science to support its advertising business. This role will work on the strategy, design and delivery of new products, in close collaboration with data sciences and engineering. The role reports to the Lead Product Manager for Data Products. You’ll be able to seamlessly collaborate with teams in Engineering, Sales, Data Science, and Marketing to deliver outstanding online experiences. You should have a solid understanding of ad-supported consumer media products and ad technology. You should also be well-versed in user targeting, personalization, 1st and 3rd party data strategies, and privacy compliance.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Translate business requirements into creative, effective data solutions for the advertising business:
- Focus on models supporting propensity modeling, ad performance and revenue optimization
- Understand and appreciate advanced machine learning and other data modeling techniques, and how they apply to business goals
- Build on your experiences working with data science and/or data engineering teams, and understand machine learning and data pipeline project lifecycles
- Contribute to our overall data infrastructure vision across businesses, from data collection to usage to ensure compliance with data security and privacy regulations.
- Build instrumentation, monitoring and evaluation capabilities to better our products and measure the impact of our work.
- Be curious about technical systems and methods and be able to work closely with engineers to articulate when, why, and how certain technical models should be applied to enhance the product personalization strategy
- Drive post-launch adoption of data products in the ads community, creating feedback loops to iterate and improve the offerings
- Juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Mathematics or similar disciplines
- Demonstrable experience working with data science, machine learning, personalization, targeting, and data modeling
- A strong bias toward action and the ability to break down complex problems into steps that drive product development
- Excellent influencing skills and be a strong collaborator; ability to work successfully with both direct and indirect teams across the organization
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts
- Deep understanding of technology and latest trends in the digital space
- Empathy for our users, a high level of integrity
- Experience and demonstrated ability in understanding and discussing technical concepts and tradeoffs
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 120,000 - 150,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus