Product Manager, Data
New York, NY
Posted Jun 28, 2021 - Requisition No. 91800
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg Media is looking for a Product Manager to oversee a growing suite of data products to support its subscriptions and advertising business. The role reports to the Global Head of Data + Audience and will work on the strategy, design and delivery of innovative new products and services at scale. You’ll be able to seamlessly collaborate with teams in Engineering, Sales, Subscriptions, and Marketing to deliver best in class online experiences. You’ll have a solid understanding of ad-supported consumer media products and digital subscription businesses. You’ll be well-versed in targeting, personalization, 1st and 3rd party data strategies, and privacy compliance.
We'll trust you to:
- Translate business requirements into creative, effective data solutions for the subscriptions and advertising business:
- Develop new ad targeting products and bring them to market with appropriate collateral — including next gen contextual and first party solutions
- Partner with the subscription product and marketing teams to develop intelligent models to drive business metrics, gain insights, and ensure our data is optimized for use in onsite acquisition and retention and in offsite marketing
- Contribute to our overall data infrastructure vision across businesses, from data collection to usage to ensure compliance with data security and privacy regulations
- Build instrumentation, monitoring and evaluation capabilities to better our products and measure the impact of our work
- Be curious about technical systems and methods and be able to work closely with engineers to articulate when, why, and how certain technical models should be applied to enhance the product personalization strategy
- Juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Mathematics or similar disciplines
- 3-5 years of demonstrable experience working with personalization, targeting and data modeling
- A strong bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development
- Excellent influencing skills and a proven collaborator; ability to work successfully with both direct and indirect teams across the organization
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts
- Deep understanding of technology and latest trends in the digital space
- Empathy for our users, a high level of integrity
- Experience and demonstrated ability in understanding and discussing technical concepts and tradeoffs
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.