Bloomberg’s Insights & Macro functions merge data, analytics, tools and news to give you a clear picture of macroeconomic trends, developments and the numbers that drive financial markets. We provide you with macroeconomic data from key primary and secondary sources, as well as the means to analyze it. Combined with the overall reach of the Bloomberg Professional service, we support business and investment decision-making process.
What’s the role?
We are currently looking for a senior Product Manager to help lead its Economic Product offering. This position carries a high level of visibility and is responsible for working with the economics business team, global data, news and engineering to develop Bloomberg's compelling/winning business strategy by bringing visionary ideas and deep market insight to the table.
We will trust you to:
- Clearly articulate the strategy in our business plan, in senior management presentations, and in formal and informal communications across the firm, as well as with appropriate customers, to ensure that all stakeholders are bought into the plan
- Work closely with customers, prospects, and Bloomberg's sales force, market specialists and news to understand customer needs and to identify and prioritize emerging marketplace trends
- Lead the flow of in-bound product development requests, using excellent judgment to set clear and effective priorities for work to be done, and aggressively managing expectations with clients and Sales on timelines
- Express Bloomberg's Economics product strategy, and its integration across multiple asset classes in well-thought-out, innovative, and intuitive product designs while working on a daily basis with Bloomberg's engineering department to drive and oversee the development of our Economic product set
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales on rollout of new products and enhancements, and the implementation of our overall economics sales strategy
- Work with our award-winning news and media group to support news and research efforts
You need to have:
- Proven experience in overseeing product development from a business level and working effectively with programmers to build and deliver a world-class product to customers
- Deep understanding of the global macroeconomics, data, and how such information is consumed and analyzed by the financial community
- Ability to rapidly assimilate detailed knowledge of, and develop strategy around, how economic information can be applied and leveraged by all major asset classes (e.g. fixed income, equities, commodities, credit and FX), on a global scale
- 7+ years of experience -- on sell-side, buy-side, or at a vendor -- ideally as a product manager, economist, analyst, strategist, or portfolio manager. Must have product development experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid set of contacts in the economics community
- Prior management experience preferred
- Ability to deliver a confident and compelling message in a sales or public speaking situation
- High level of passion for and commitment to our product
- Team player with high ethical standards
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.