Product Manager, Payments & Checkout
New York, NY
Posted May 25, 2021 - Requisition No. 90985
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
Bloomberg Media is looking for a Product Manager to level up our payments infrastructure and strategy, goaling towards both growth and retention metrics. We are looking to invest in new opportunities through the introduction of advances in our payment strategies into our global subscriptions business.
You will create innovative ways to define the vision, roadmap, design and delivery to accomplish this.
You will be responsible for driving business value through the growth of the active subscriber base and the impact on conversion rate, as well as reducing involuntary churn through payment retry experimentation. You’ll partner with key team members to define new opportunities, optimize user journeys and experiences, and diversify our checkout options.
We’ll look to you as the expert in understanding what drives consumer purchasing decisions. You should be well versed in A/B testing principles, conversion funnels, good user experiences & market trends in the payment space. The right person for this role is driven to deliver business results and will seek to learn about our customers through experimentation with payment options, differentiating experience by audience cohorts, and innovative UI.
We’ll trust you to:
- Own the payment & purchase strategies across web and mobile applications
- Define our strategy for conversion in key international markets; with the intent of impacting both churn and acquisition in our core markets
- Drive the roadmap for alternative payment methods; and understand how this can support conversion & retention efforts in different regions
- Own, iterate, and maintain key user touchpoints, like the checkout experience, to reduce friction, improve completion rates and reduce dropoff for all subscription purchase flows
- Experiment and A/B test logic for payment retries and fraud prevention with the ultimate goal of reducing involuntary churn
- Understand consumer purchasing behavior to drive appropriate audiences into longer value plans; test when and how to show these offers to customers
- Partner with our marketing team to implement and develop an overall pricing strategy for all subscription offers
- Lead the free trial user experience, including who and when it should be offered through to converting the cohort to paid subscribers
- Work with Data & Insights to evaluate the benefits of a gifted subscription product as an option in the overall subscription toolkit
- Be deeply tied to our data and make data-based decisions
- Know your customer. Stay informed on market trends; both technology and consumer behavior wise
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-4 years of proven experience working in a consumer-facing digital context in publishing or in more traditional e-commerce/subscriptions businesses
- Experience with A/B testing platforms and the in-depth use of data to inform decisions
- Ability to use tools necessary to keep track of the details and the big picture; JIRA, Trello, Slack
- Understanding of design principles, usability, UX design
- Excellent influencing skills and a proven collaborator; ability to work successfully with both direct and indirect teams across the organization
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts
- Deep understanding of technology and latest trends in the digital space
- Empathy for our users, a high level of integrity
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.