Product Manager, Subscription Growth
New York, NY
Posted Mar 15, 2019 - Requisition No. 74202
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions-, our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. Through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg Media is looking for a Product Manager to scale growth of its subscription product, an entirely new business line launched in 2018. You will contribute to the vision, strategy, design and delivery of innovative ways of attracting and retaining new subscribers. You’ll have a dedicated engineering group to pursue your strategy, in partnership with Marketing, Editorial, and Design. You have a deep understanding of what drives consumer-purchasing decisions based on a background in a subscription, publishing or e-commerce business. You are driven to deliver business results and will seek to learn about our customers through experimenting on creative business models, offers, UX/UI and value-add features. You should be versed in A/B testing principles, conversion funnels & promotion strategy and enjoy working with cross-functional partners to achieve your goals.
We'll trust you to:
- Have a plan for how to acquire and retain new customers, inclusive of new acquisition channels (e.g. refer-a-friend program), business logic (e.g. how many articles are allowed for free), conversion experience and pricing/promotion strategy
- Know how to analyze and decompose a complex system, and how to communicate that complexity simply and cleanly. You use data to clarify decisions wherever possible
- Ability to define a hypothesis and design an experiment to validate that learning
- Have a passion for user experience, and be able to do everything from user research to working closely with designers to create an amazing experience
- Continuously drive innovation to create solutions that help our users better understand the value of our product
- Clearly articulate your strategic vision for the product
- Partner with multidisciplinary teams to track and manage projects timely and effectively
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving
- Juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience working in a consumer-facing digital context in publishing or in more traditional e-commerce/subscriptions businesses
- Experience with A/B testing platforms and the in-depth use of data to inform decisions
- Used tools necessary to keep track of the details and the big picture; JIRA, Trello, Slack
- A strong bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development
- Excellent influencing skills and a proven collaborator; ability to work successfully with both direct and indirect teams across the organization
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts
- Deep understanding of technology and the latest trends in the digital space
- Empathy for our users, a high level of integrity
- Understanding of design principles, usability, UX design
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.