Product Manager, TOMS Mortgage OMS - Enterprise Product
New York, NY
Posted Oct 14, 2020 - Requisition No. 86655
Bloomberg Trade Order Management System (TOMS) is an industry leading, comprehensive fixed income solution for the trading community. For sell-side fixed income firms, Bloomberg Trade Order Management Solutions (TOMS) delivers global, multi-asset solutions for front-end inventory, trading, and middle & back office operations. With TOMS, you can optimize your workflow, increase global distribution to markets, manage risk and compliance, and improve operational efficiency.
We are looking for a Product Manager to lead product and business development for the Mortgage OMS module within TOMS, Bloomberg’s award winning Sell-side OMS. This entails designing the functional feature set through to establishing the commercial value of the asset class module. This role requires strong knowledge of the core front office trader workflows, notably pricing & valuation, relative value analysis, position, PnL, Cash and Risk management, as well as hedging and general market making workflows. This domain expertise must reside with the cash structured products market, including Agency & Non-Agency CMO, CLO, ABS, and CMBS.
Candidates must have a strong knowledge of the securities industry, securities products and portfolio management theory. A TOMS Product Manager must have a high understanding of trading analytics and data analysis. The candidate should have a strong understanding of the financial markets, Order management and Execution Management trading processes, the competitive landscape, and related technologies.
We are looking for self-driven professional with proven business analysis and project/product management experience, who can provide solutions to help manage our existing business as well as grow the quality and reach of the product. The candidate must be able to show relevant client facing skills as well as an analytical approach to client requests and possible solutions.
The Product Manager will be responsible for:
- Presenting the vision, value proposition, and development progress to sales and clients
- Working collaboratively with other Product Managers to achieve desired end workflow solution
- Defines what the product is, explains how the product works, and sets the product SLA
- Defines the product functional roadmap
- Documents the logical architecture of the product (sub-system), within the overall product stack (system)
- Builds the case for product innovation & infrastructure investment
- Defines the functional requirements for R&D and QA
- Manages product design, build, delivery, engaging R&D, QA and Implementation
- Executes projects and reports status to PMO
- Ensures product meets the set SLA, UX standards and achieves a consistent user experience across Bloomberg
- Stays current on industry wide issues related to the product (sub-system)
- Communicates product strategy & execution plan internally
- Works with internal business partners to train the broader organization on the product
- Engages clients directly on product development, attending workshops as acting as the subject matter expert when required
- 7 plus year track record in product development in Financial Technology
- Experience within the financial industry and capital markets
- Experience of the Trade and Order Management workflows, specifically Risk Management (Position, Risk, PNL, Hedging and Marking workflows) and Pricing and Quoting workflows Trading (Price Taker/Market Maker voice and electronic workflows)
- Experience with a variety of asset classes within Fixed Income, with a heavy focus on cash structured products, notably Agency & Non-Agency CMO, CLO, ABS, and CMBS.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills including written, graphic and verbal
- Software development process (Agile methodology preferred)
- Project Management (status, risks, issues, dependencies)
- Data visualization
- Workflow Modeling
- Technology Architecture
- Money markets & Capital markets
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.