Product Manager, Utility and Engagement
New York, NY
Posted May 21, 2021 - Requisition No. 90931
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone.
Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg Media is looking for an experienced Product Manager to help drive user engagement and habit in our core consumer facing web product. We’re looking for strategic problem solvers, people who can help set the product vision and strategy for Bloomberg Media and understand how to get things done!
We'll trust you to:
- Develop a compelling product vision that demonstrates how Bloomberg can provide valuable utility to our users while driving towards business goals, supported by market research, data, and user needs
- Use qualitative and quantitative insights to inform decisions and deepen the team’s understanding of our audience and their needs
- Take ownership of product strategy, roadmap and execution with a team of engineers
- Communicate effectively with internal partners and leadership, championing your team’s vision, goals, status and impact to get consensus, and celebrate success
- Be a strong leader and a compassionate team member, partnering with cross-functional teams across the building to make things happen
- Have a passion for user experience, conducting user research and working closely with designers and engineers to build amazing experiences
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven experience (5+ years) working in B2C product, ideally in web, mobile, and / or news
- A strong bias toward action and can break down sophisticated problems into steps that drive product development
- Excellent people skills and a proven collaborator; ability to work successfully with both direct and indirect teams across the organization, gaining consensus and partner agreement
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts
- Comfortable setting and owning key KPIs & goals, as well as tracking projects against the KPIs, celebrating wins and learning from misses
- Experience with site optimization and using A/B multivariate testing
- Deep understanding of technology and latest trends in the digital space
- Emotional intelligence for our users, a high level of integrity
- Understanding of design principles, usability, UX design
- Experience and proven ability in understanding and discussing technical concepts and tradeoffs
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with data engineering, machine learning or data science
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.