Product Manager: Mobile News
New York, NY
Posted Mar 15, 2023 - Requisition No. 114821
The Bloomberg Professional mobile app allows Bloomberg Anywhere users to stay connected to news, markets, clients, and colleagues while away from the Terminal.
What’s the role?
As a Product Manager for News on the Bloomberg Professional App, you will be responsible for establishing a product vision, coordinating strategies, executing on product enhancements, and managing releases between the Bloomberg Terminal and Bloomberg Mobile App.
To ensure we are delivering the most value to our users, the role requires close collaboration across the News, Product, Tech, and Publishing teams and with the Mobile Infrastructure and Technology team. You will also work closely with engineers, user experience designers, and key team members from Bloomberg Editorial, Sales, and Customer Services teams. Additionally, you will successfully communicate with clients to validate, iterate on, and identify new opportunities for product development.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely within the News, Product, Tech, and Publishing teams to prioritize mobile requirements and develop and implement the Mobile News product roadmap
- Partner with the Mobile Infrastructure and Technology team to ensure you are following mobile standard processes and developing an understanding of the wider Bloomberg Professional App roadmap and strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of the Mobile Software Development Kit (MSDK) including its design, development, and prototyping tools
- Build strong relationships with Terminal product owners and key stakeholders including partners in Design and Engineering
- Partner with Sales, Customer Support, and Marketing to help determine mobile feature requirements and help plan and implement outreach campaigns
- Maintain awareness of mobile operating system updates to make use of new capabilities as they emerge, stay up to date with the rapidly changing mobile product and app landscape, and adapt accordingly
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of related experience*
- Deep software product management experience including roadmap prioritization, release management, client interviews, and data-driven analysis
- Experience with mobile product management or an understanding of the unique complexities associated with mobile development
We’d love to see:
- Strong communication, leadership skills, and demonstrated ability to work across teams to break down large, complex business problems into discrete achievements
- Prior experience with mobile news search and notification products
- Excellent presentation skills including written, graphic, and verbal
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
Apply if you think we're a good match, and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/careers.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 140,000 - 295,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus