Product Owner (Hardware Operations)
New York, NY
Posted Feb 11, 2021 - Requisition No. 88784
Bloomberg's Workplace Operations and Supply Chain business is a dynamic global organization that provides support to internal and external customers through Corporate Technology solutions, Employee Support, Planning, Manufacturing, Logistics, and Warehousing. We work hand-in-hand with our businesses to support them in achieving success and maintaining efficiency. We pride ourselves on being subject matter authorities.
What's the Role?
Bloomberg's Corporate Technology department is seeking a Product Owner to be part of our team. This role will determine the operational strategy and develop and execute processes focused on making the management of hardware products more efficient. You will bring your creative thinking, technical expertise, knowledge of industry practices, and innovation to support all processes and end-to-end projects related to Bloomberg's hardware. You have outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to partner with senior executives to design and deliver solutions that continuously improve the operation. You have experience governing sophisticated projects and drive results through enterprise-wide engagement with other internal and external partners.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop and execute a hardware product strategy for Desktops, Laptops, Monitors, Keyboards and other hardware for employee and customer use
- Lead all aspects of the operational product life-cycle and coordinate with other key stakeholders on conception, requirements definition, development, testing, launch and maintain and improvement steps
- Research and evaluate all current technologies to identify opportunities for product improvement
- Effectively partner with internal and external stakeholders to analyze their needs, align Hardware product road maps to strategic goals and course-correct as needed
- Leverage understanding of end-to-end support solutions, technical knowledge of electronics hardware, integration points and dependencies to determine prioritized opportunities to drive more efficient processes across all areas
- Solve product-related problems, make high-impact decisions, and complete trade-off analysis to consistently meet deliverable deadlines
- Act as an ambassador as the primary contact for internal queries from internal teams, customers, and vendors
- Operate at the highest standards of accountability
- Take a “hands-on” approach to delivering and driving change
- Leverage a data-driven approach to monitor results, tackle problems directly and promote solutions
- Cultivate an active network of relationships to drive alignment and facilitate collaboration across internal functions and business units
We'd love to see:
- An innovator comfortable with the delicate balance of bold visioning, intelligent strategy, and sophisticated execution
- An adaptable problem-solver who is impatient with the status quo, seeks to make things better and more efficient and isn't afraid to make bold decisions in ambiguity
- A hands-on leader who builds transparency, values collaboration, holds self and team accountable, and can link what we do and why we do it to empower the team around them to think beyond specific tasks, understand the ultimate goal, and drive value for the business
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years of proven experience supporting operational processes and system implementations
- Demonstrated technical proficiency with electrical hardware such as personal computing devices (PC and Laptop), display technologies, computer keyboards
- Effective communicator with a keen ability to prioritize and balance cross-functional needs
- Strong analytical abilities with passion for data and evidence-based decision making
- Ability to build positive relationships across functions within a large organization
- Successful candidates will combine rigorous business acumen with process design, workflow optimization, product development and operations
- Ability to combine human stories and needs with hard data to identify a compelling path forward
- Comfortable working and thriving in diverse work cultures with non-hierarchical organizations
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.