Product Owner Security Operations (Incident Management, Business Continuity, and Global Health and Life Safety)
New York, NY
Posted Dec 6, 2021 - Requisition No. 98373
Security Operations is an award- winning Bloomberg team that ensures that the safety and security of our people and places! The Incident Management and Business Continuity Team ensures that where disruptive events occur be this major outages, extreme weather events or security incidents that the business is supported to navigate these challenges, recover and thrive. We perform this through training and awareness and then material support to guide the business through responding in real time to events globally.
What's the Role?
This role requires a highly motivated and organized teammate! You will be experienced in SCRUM and Agile methodologies with a passion for driving continuous improvement whilst absorbing frequent adaptation to business needs. A proactive approach to maintaining a healthy backlog to help drive the business and department forward year on year.
The Product Owner for this team will lead the global development, implementation and maintenance for our Incident Management, Business Continuity and Global Health & Life Safety strategy within Security Operations, focusing on its technology and operations and using industry trends and methodologies. You will work with a highly skilled development team in our engineering department as well as business owners and cross department Product Owners to ensure targeted releases of software and processes are delivered and communicated to all stakeholders.
You have outstanding interpersonal skills to partner with business owners and senior executives on the design, delivery, and continuous improvement of an IMBC and GHLS plan for all business lines and within Security Operations. You have a strong sense of governance and challenge the status quo to drive expanded outcomes and enterprise-wide engagement with internal departments and external bodies.
We will trust you to:
- Establish strong working relationships to influence strategy, development modifications and the elimination of vendor programs not aligned to business imperatives.
- Operate to the highest standards of accountability; “hands-on” approach: with the ability to lead change while maintaining operating effectiveness.
- Use a data driven approach to monitor results, tackle problems directly and promote solutions.
- Cultivate an active network of relationships to drive alignment across internal functions and business units and facilitate collaboration across departmental boundaries.
- Continuously stay up-to-date on applicable laws and regulations and develop evolved policies and procedures as needed.
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience as a Product Owner handling an extensive backlog with a global reach.
- Proven success at communicating, prioritizing and balancing needs cross-functionally.
- Strong analytical abilities with passion for data and evidence based decision-making
- Ability to build positive relationships across functions within a large organization.
- Experience creating governance-focused business processes/workflows from early vision into launch.
- Successful candidates will combine rigorous business acumen with process design, workflow optimization, product development and operations.
- Ability to combine human stories and needs with hard data to identify a compelling path forward for product, service and workflow creation.
- Ability to work in diverse work cultures and comfortable with non-hierarchical organizations.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.