Product Recruiting - Sourcer
New York, NY
Posted May 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 103399
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
We are a creative and forward-thinking team, working collaboratively to drive commercial results through talent acquisition. In this role, you will be part of the Product Recruitment team, which hires for our Enterprise Data, Core Product and Enterprise Product departments. The Product group at Bloomberg is responsible for brainstorming, building and implementing the tools our clients use to navigate the markets. They partner closely with our Engineering team to determine what should be developed and have a deep expertise in the financial markets and various asset classes.
The recruitment sourcing partners have the responsibility to identify talent externally, drive the flow of candidates and successfully generate pipeline through strategic sourcing, tapping into underrepresented talent pools, vacancy marketing, networking and brand building.
Gaining knowledge of the range of vacancies, understanding of the departments and building relationships within the industry, you will become a credible asset, adding value to different business lines at Bloomberg, specifically with our financial and data products.
We’ll trust you to:
- Liaise with the Business Recruiting Partners and Business Managers to understand vacancy briefs and offer strategic advice
- Source candidates directly through internal and external industry networking, direct head hunting and various online recruiting tools
- Proactively build a talent pipeline with a focus on under-represented talent
- Running the process including; reviewing CVs, assessing expertise via face-to-face meetings and phone calls
- Conduct market research to understand where external diverse talent pools are and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to explore initiatives to tap into those talent pools
- Build a network in the market
- Stay on top of market and employment trends affecting the various groups across Financial Products
- Working on ad hoc projects as the need arises for the benefit of the global recruitment team
- Represent the Bloomberg brand in every interaction
You’ll need to have:
- 3 + years of experience working in recruitment or search
- A strong track record in hiring diverse talent
- General understanding of various asset classes and how they differ from each other
- A strong understanding of recruitment processes within the financial services or technology space
- Experience in using external networking tools and jobsites
- Ability to assemble and coordinate candidate and competitor data in a way that can be used most optimally
- Ability to execute on assignments and the aptitude to make decisions independently with limited information
We’d love to see:
- Evidence of not only knowing your way around state-of-the art recruiting methods and sourcing strategies, but having a couple of innovative tricks up your sleeve
- A keen interest in the financial markets
- A track record in mapping new markets and producing competitor intelligence reports
- Your understanding of what finance people are about and what kinds of roles they play and aspire to – in fact, we’d love it if you already know a bunch of these folks
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.