Product Security Analyst - Security Engagement
New York, NY
Posted Feb 14, 2020 - Requisition No. 81333
We protect Bloomberg.
The Product Security team is dedicated to making our products and technologies as secure as possible from design through development. We report into the CISO while working closely with development/engineering and other teams across the organization. Our colleagues depend on us to be application, network and host security pros. We specialize in defining security requirements, performing security assessments of our internal applications, and providing developers with remediation advice. On any given day we're pulled in to evaluate a new system, a proposed network change, or provide guidance on security/coding best practices.
What’s The Role?
As a Product Security Analyst you will conduct code reviews and security assessments from start to finish. You'll tap into your "security instincts" to find vulnerabilities and break down complicated technical issues and the risks they pose to programmers, network engineers, system administrators, and management. You will collaborate with those teams to ensure correct design, development, and implementation of internal and customer facing projects. While security skills are critical to success with us, we're also looking for fast learners who are passionate about engineering and development. You should be analytical and love to problem solve. Teamwork is key so it's important that you know how to collaborate and be a great teammate.
You'll Need To Have:
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and auditing C++ and python (or similar language) and the desire to pick up new languages/technologies
- Experience spotting security vulnerabilities, either at the code level or through dynamic testing
- The ability to work with stakeholders throughout the vulnerability lifecycle to communicate issues and provide remediation guidance
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language such as Python
- Experience developing custom tools when necessary
- Knowledge of secure network design and system architecture
- A Computer Science or technology related degree
We'd Love To See:
- Prior work as a software architect, developer, or QA engineer
- Prior work as a consultant at a highly technical information security consultancy
What’s It Like To Work Here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy, where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. That being said, it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives, from helping local school kids with their reading, to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.