Product Specialist – Alternative Investments, Enterprise Products
New York, NY
Posted Oct 25, 2022 - Requisition No. 110791
Powered by an unparalleled combination of automation, innovation, access and service, Bloomberg’s comprehensive and integrated enterprise solutions help buy-side firms generate alpha, develop and service clients, remain compliant and grow profits in the face of change.
From a single solution to a complete end-to-end workflow, Bloomberg’s integrated services are tailored to our clients’ needs to increase efficiency and productivity – exponentially.
Bloomberg’s Portfolio Analytics and Risk offering (PORT) is a leading provider of ex-ante risk, portfolio construction, and return attribution tools that offer investment management professionals critical insights into their portfolios and associated benchmarks, aligned to sophisticated investment objectives.
Bloomberg's OMS (AIM) delivers global, multi-asset solutions for portfolio management, trading, compliance and operations for buy-side firms. AIM is used by more than 14,000 professionals at over 900 client firms, including some of the largest asset managers, hedge funds, insurance companies, pension funds and government agencies. Our goal is to offer the most scalable asset management technology in the market – one that allows AIM clients to grow assets on existing investments and to quickly expand into new asset classes, markets or investment styles without disruption.
What’s the role?
As the Product Specialist for Alternative Investments you will be joining a highly motivated and successful team focused on developing the existing Buy Side products into an end-to-end offering for our most sophisticated and progressive clients.
Across PORT and AIM you will be charged with enhancing existing and delivering new capabilities in a way that recognizes the growing significant of Alternative (and Private) Investments to both the Asset Owner and Asset Manager communities. In so doing, you will be responsible for the development of a cross-functional Alternatives strategy, that allows clients to incorporate Alternative Asset Classes into their mainstream investment process in a way that scales and recognizes the unique challenges this presents.
You will have ownership of developing these ideas and working across functions to turn them into a finished product. You will be expected to engage with clients and prospects, as well as representing Bloomberg Buy Side to the broader industry.
Regarding domain expertise, you will already have a deep knowledge of Alternative Assets, Private Markets and the investment lifecycle and the challenges this presents. You will also have a track record of embracing data and technology and developing innovative and commercially viable solutions based on that.
You will lead the Alternatives agenda and work collaboratively with members of the PORT and AIM teams and be expected to play a hands-on role in product design, development, and delivery, as well as working across functions to achieve alignment and ensure product success.
We’ll trust you to:
- Engage with clients and internal stakeholders to define, align and lead the implementation of the strategic Alternatives roadmap for the Bloomberg Buyside Solutions
- Present the vision, value proposition, and development progress to business leadership, sales, engineering and our client stakeholders
- Set measurable milestones for the delivery of Alternative capabilities and workflows
- Document clear functional specifications (including SLAs) for each phase of product development
- Work collaboratively with other Product Managers to integrate Alternative workflows across all relevant workflows
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, to specification, and that all development milestones are met
- Contribute to a broader Buy-side and Bloomberg wide vision – bring expertise and perspective, as well as an open mind to exploring and shaping the form and structure of the Bloomberg offerings to the buy-side
- 5+ years of product development experience*
- Demonstrated knowledge of Private Equity along with knowledge of other Alternative and Private Market asset classes
- Demonstrated effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders
- Proven understanding of Buyside Portfolio Management workflows particularly associated with Alternative Asset Classes We’d love to see:
- Strong industry contacts across the Asset Owner/Asset Management community
- Demonstrate drive to expand understanding beyond current expertise and into adjacent areas
You’ll need to have:
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps, but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 225,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus