Program Coordinator- Bloomberg Climate Finance
New York, NY
Posted Oct 3, 2022 - Requisition No. 103907
Bloomberg's Global Public Policy team is responsible for leading engagement with Government and Regulatory authorities in relation to policy formation impacting Bloomberg and our clients and leading the firm’s external climate finance initiatives.
Our team builds and maintains a broad network of partners and key decision makers – including clients, policymakers, and regulators – which we convene regularly to constructively feed into policy making processes and climate finance initiatives.
As part of this work, the Global Public Policy team leads the Secretariat for the Climate Finance Leadership Initiative (CFLI). The CFLI, formed by Michael R. Bloomberg at the request of the United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres, convenes leading companies to mobilize and scale private capital for climate solutions in emerging markets.
We also coordinate closely with the other key divisions of External Relations , Bloomberg core business, Bloomberg Philanthropies as well as Legal and Compliance.
We are looking for a new member to join our team, specifically to support the Executive Director of Climate Finance Initiatives, based in New York City! In this role, you will lead and complete critical research, operational, briefing, scheduling and writing efforts that support the growth and success of CFLI and its efforts to help unlock capital in Emerging Markets and Developing Economies.
We'll trust you to:
-Support the Executive Director: Play a strategic role ensuring the Executive Director’s time is used as effectively as possible, managing meetings, logistics and travel to ensure the success and efficiency of the initiative. Develop briefing materials for the Executive Director as well as Mike Bloomberg and Mary Schapiro in their capacity as Chair and Vice Chair of CFLI, for bilateral meetings, roundtables, and other commitments; this includes talking point development, background research on topics of interest, deep-dives on relevant technical areas, and speech writing and press briefing materials. It also includes support to secretariat leadership and principals in preparing content for external/public meetings (e.g., events/roundtables/etc.) through relevant research, drafting of concept notes, speaking points, and collaborating closely with event organizer content teams/other speaker content teams.
- Manage CFLI events: Structure and executive CFLI events, high level meetings, gatherings and media opportunities to build the success of the CFLI globally. Work across Bloomberg LP, Bloomberg Philanthropies and external stakeholders to coordinate global CFLI moments.
- Develop External Facing Materials: Build presentations, external facing memos and documentation that will help deliver on the work of CFLI, working with the CFLI team and founding members to prepare the leaders of those firms to present the importance of mobilizing capital in emerging markets.
- Deliver on CFLI Collaboration: Work across Mike Bloomberg’s climate finance initiatives, including at Bloomberg Philanthropes and Bloomberg LP across initiatives such as Glasgow Financial Alliance Net Zero (GFANZ), the United Nations Race to Zero to develop a wholistic global approach to climate solutions.
You’ll need to have:
- 1-5 years of relevant work experience supporting a senior leader or working in finance or climate related work.
- A strong interest in building the skills and background to grow in the field of climate finance.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills with proven experience with both long form research documents, in addition to short technical memos.
- Strong collaborator who understands the complexity of entertaining multiple audiences and navigating their diverse interests and goals
- Excellent organizational abilities and can balance multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- The ability to balance immediate and long-term priorities
- Strong critical thinker with deep attention to detail
- Proactive problem solver
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, with a specific focus on Excel and PowerPoint
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.