Program Manager / Scrum Master – Global Project Services
New York, NY
Posted Sep 5, 2019 - Requisition No. 77108
Bloomberg's Global Project Services establish, maintain and govern the frameworks (project/portfolio management, agile/scrum, end user adoption, risk and controls management, ITGCs, etc…) utilized by the SAP Technology and Global Finance departments. We support SAP and all related technology including core enterprise, business warehouse and intelligent automation such as machine learning and robotic process automation as well processes including Order to Cash, Source to Pay, Hire to Retire, Payroll and Supply Chain. We are often called upon to support larger, non-SAP programs and portfolios across the enterprise where professional program management and/or Scrum experience are deemed necessary.
What’s the role?
We are seeking an experienced Program Manager/ Scrum Master for our Global Project Services - SAP Solutions Program and Change Management Office (PMO/CMO). Your primary responsibilities will be to serve as Scrum Master/Scrum of Scrums Master to your aligned teams, provide Program Management using Waterfall or Scaled Scrum methodologies to deliver large-scale, strategic programs including but not limited to existing and emerging products, back-office efficiencies, and compliance that require coordination across multiple scrum teams and/or work streams. The role is an excellent opportunity for an experienced candidate to work closely with senior management to develop enterprise solutions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead large-scale programs with enterprise-wide influence through cross-team collaboration, dependency, risk and issue management
- Understand program risks and issues and develop mitigation plans and escalate as required
- Influence and advise on adherence to the project management framework
- Interact with and influence all levels of the organization
- Facilitate Scrum Events (Daily Stand-up, Refinement, Planning, Reviews and Retrospectives)
- Act as coach/mentor to scrum team members, product ownership, engineering and leadership
- Work with Product/Business Owners to support and execute key change management activities such as: communications, stakeholder management, change impact assessments and training
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment requiring good judgment, flexibility and a hands-on approach
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of project/program management experience and proficiency with MS Project
- 5+ years of Scrum Master experience and proficiency with JIRA
- Leadership facilitation experience to drive senior-level decision making through transparency and data/visualization
- Proven ability to influence and lead with and without authority
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong planning, organization and problem solving skills
- A passion for Program Management, Scrum/scaling scrum and the ability to work in both methodologies, collaboration and continuous improvement
We’d love to see:
- Experience in full lifecycle program/change management for large-scale ERP implementations (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft)
- Experience implementing agile/scrum to new and existing cross-functional teams – including scaled scrum frameworks (e.g. Scrum, Scrum@Scale, SAFe, Kanban)
- Understanding of Order to Cash and Procure to Pay processes
- Big 4 Consulting experience as well as in-house positions
- Experience with global implementations
- Experience administering Atlassian JIRA in an Agile/Scrum organization
- Ability to travel if the need arises (less than 10% of the time)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.