Program Manager, Infrastructure
New York, NY
Posted Jul 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 89584
Bloomberg is seeking an experienced Program Manager to drive global technology projects within Technology Infrastructure. This group is responsible for building processes and planning around large scale technology programs. Technology Infrastructure is responsible for the production infrastructure, network, storage & compute, and OS which supports Bloomberg’s products and services, including the Bloomberg Professional service.
What’s in it for you:
This is a unique opportunity to drive adoption of our next-generation products designed to power the future of Bloomberg's automated infrastructure. We’ll trust you to ensure detailed planning and processes that support the delivery of new functionality while maintaining the reliability and speed our products expect. You will have an opportunity to plan every major effort and drive the progress of every initiative.
We'll trust you to:
- Plan major programs which coordinate with every development team to support adoption of new technology, implementation of automation, and standardization of technology and process.
- Partner with agile development teams within Technology Infrastructure to help develop and track product roadmaps.
- Bring a sense of ownership for the delivery of programs & individual projects.
- Create accountability with clear progress reporting based on a deep understanding of where barriers to execution exist.
- Work with leaders within the group to map out product roadmaps and facilitate quarterly and yearly planning & progress tracking.
You need to have:
- 10+ years of experience applying technology program management in a software engineering organization.
- 5+ years of experience working with agile development practices
- Strong understanding of cloud, systems, storage, and network technology with ability to communicate to both engineers and non-engineers without losing critical details.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to take ownership and responsibility of issues and handle them effectively to resolution
We'd love to see:
- Previous experience with Scrum and Kanban agile methods at the team and portfolio level.
- Experience with using JIRA for planning and tracking.
- Talent creating detailed presentations to share the status of many programs with a highly engaged executive audience.
- Previous history of success at a technology company.
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.