Program Manager, Newsroom Initiatives and Special Projects
New York, NY
Posted Apr 4, 2023 - Requisition No. 115346
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning TV, digital, print, radio and live events across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Quicktake to Bloomberg Green, Bloomberg New Economy, our rapidly growing consumer subscription business, and much more.
Bloomberg Media’s Digital Team is looking for a Program Manager for Newsroom Initiatives + Special Projects. In this role, you’ll work hand-in-glove with the newsroom on the projects that touch our consumers. You will partner with newsroom leaders to identify top lines of coverage or talent and develop strategies to maximize the value of these business initiatives. For example, you might envision and execute a smart revenue strategy for our off-platform connections, devise strategies for how we grow in global markets, or develop strong go-to-market and packaging strategies in support of our growing verticals and newsletter initiatives. You will help our digital news team find insights in the data that can be used to inform our coverage, packaging and production.
Each project will begin with a strategic look at identifying opportunities for Bloomberg’s success. Then, we’ll ask you to connect and convene key partners from News, Sales, Product/Engineering, and Consumer Marketing to bring these ideas to life.
To be successful, you’ll need a keen analytical mind, leveraging data insights that can drive strategy forward and inspire teams to action. You’ll also have a proven track record of bringing new ideas to life, delivering on measurable growth goals (including revenue) and effectively managing day-to-day operations in highly-matrixed organizations.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Partner with our newsroom and business teams on avenues for continued audience growth, using insights derived from internal and external data.
- Partner with our client marketers to create data-driven, go-to-market materials for our Sales team that lean heavily into our audience insights.
- Develop actionable, go-to-market strategies, in partnership with our Product team, to help support and promote key launches
- Lead new product and news initiatives. With your entrepreneurial spirit and pragmatic approach, you’ll quickly develop a deep understanding of the market landscape, uncover and size areas of opportunity, develop our product strategy, and drive the product from concept to reality.
- Ownership of the development special projects (lead, monitor and define project targets, identify stakeholders, risk management, budget responsibility)
- Define goals and success with clearly measurable objectives and key results; Devise the operational cadences for cross-functional teams (edit, product/engineering, marketing, sales, corporate strategy) to collaboratively achieve these goals.
- Develop and own project timelines, facilitate team meetings and maintain clear communication with key stakeholders
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Passion for digital news and creative ideas about the role of talent and news distribution channels in its future; editorial or product experience a plus
- 5-7 years of functional experience in either editorial, corporate strategy or product management.
- Self-starter who is proactive and unafraid to drive new ideas within an organization; entrepreneurial and excited to move fast. You should feel comfortable making data-driven decisions autonomously and taking risks (with plenty of coaching from your manager and our executive team).
- A track record of pulling insights from multiple data sources.
- Empathetic listener with excellent communication skills.
- Superior collaboration skills.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 150,000 - 175,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus