Programmatic Operations Team Lead
New York, NY
Posted Mar 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 101161
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions - our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Bloomberg Programmatic Operations team lead will take on an exciting role within our fast paced advertising operations organization and will contribute to end-to-end execution of advertising campaigns across deal types. Success will be defined by leveraging synergies between teams, partnering cross-functionally with sales, planning, pricing & inventory, product management, business development, licensing/distribution and the broader ad operations team to drive client performance and revenue. You will have the opportunity to own key aspects of programmatic including yield management across our ad tech stack, reporting, revenue growth, and upselling.
As the leader of the programmatic team, a qualified candidate will have the opportunity to use their unique blend of technical proficiency, analytical approach, entrepreneurial skills and creative problem solving to bring media solutions to life and ensure client success. In their day to day role, this individual will serve as a player/coach, working across all programmatic deal types to establish deals, troubleshoot problems, optimize campaign delivery and report results for client advertising on Bloomberg’s owned & operated and off-platform properties.
As a programmatic subject matter expert in support of Bloomberg Media, you will provide insights on product offerings, deal structure and general programmatic education. You will have a deep understanding and expertise on programmatic products, platform capabilities and limitations. You will be an expert on Connected TV (CTV)/Over-The-Top (OTT). You will use that knowledge base in combination with industry trends and data analysis to increase programmatic revenue and support Bloomberg's programmatic strategy and vision.
This is an amazing opportunity for an entrepreneurial person with an eye for growth to own operations and use the power of data to drive revenue generating recommendations, tactics and strategies across programmatic lines of business.
WE WILL TRUST YOU TO:
- Coach and mentor a high performing team of programmatic platform managers through deal delivery and account management, with an eye towards performance and optimization
- Define and consistently measure quantifiable success for the team
- Serve as a CTV/OTT thought-leader for our ad operations team, drawing heavily on a strong pulse on the industry and command of our metrics and goals
- Create strong connections with our product, business development, and licensing/distribution teams to activate CTV/OTT programmatic opportunities, establishing and actively measuring metrics of success
- Provide best-in-class customer service for internal partners and external clients/agencies, working consultatively to foster understanding and adoption of industry best practices
- Act as the primary liaison for our internal sales team and external buyers/agencies when deal requests are submitted via SSPs, DSPs, ATDs, for all programmatic deal types
- Independently manage pre-sale Programmatic Guaranteed (PG)/Private Marketplace (PMP) deal set up, mid-campaign optimizations and post sales opportunity reports, providing feedback to our internal sales team and external buyers/agencies
- Work with buyers/agencies to resolve issues related to PG/PMP deals, with the ability to determine the root cause of the issue and recommend actionable next steps
- Optimize performance, price points and technical set up to drive yield across our programmatic ad tech stack to ensure full delivery and maximize creative engagement
- Analyze programmatic data to provide insights and optimizations across all platforms, products, ad types and buyers
- Attend client meetings with our sales team as a key resource for programmatic and technical capabilities
- Lead workflow and communication with cross-functional partners internally and externally to ensure deadlines are met and campaigns have successful outcomes, including for custom ad experiences
- QA campaign creative for spec compliance and proper functionality
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience in programmatic operations, preferably on the buy-side
- Expertise in open exchange RTB environments, programmatic guaranteed, preferred deals, private auctions, ad networks and other demand partners
- Solid experience with DSPs and/or publisher side ad technology platforms (Google AdX, header bidding, mobile app and video SSPs)
- Experience working in Google Ad Manager as well as with third party ad servers (DV360, Sizmek, Flashtalking, Celtra, etc) and ad-verification vendors (Integral Ad Science, DoubleVerify, MOAT, etc)
- A thorough understanding of advertising performance metrics
- Ability to speak with diverse audiences, including sales and clients, demonstrating the ability to translate technical subject matter into relatable business terminology and respond to unexpected questions on the spot
- Entrepreneurial approach and strong negotiation skills to proactively scale revenue opportunities
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively while maintaining attention to detail and multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem solving, with superior time management skills to ensure we are effectively managing requests and deadlines both internally and externally
- Outstanding technical acumen and experience with advertising systems and a thorough understanding of advertising performance metrics
- Understanding of Excel, including the ability to create and use pivot tables
Does this sound like you?
Apply via our careers website! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.