Programming Director (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Mar 29, 2018 - Requisition No. 66306
In this role, you'll work closely with colleagues across all of Bloomberg and with sponsors to develop editorially relevant and financially successful content while upholding Bloomberg's strict editorial integrity guidelines.
You're a well-respected journalist with an entrepreneurial streak. You are excited by the idea of conceptualizing and leading live specialized editorial events in the US for Bloomberg Live. You are a creative thinker, an innovator, and a team player. As a Freelance Programming Director for Bloomberg Live events, you will work closely with the Editor and Head of Bespoke Events to develop sophisticated, newsmaking programming that enhances Bloomberg's editorial mission, burnishes our brand in the marketplace and is commercially successful.
We'll trust you to:
- Program and ideate content for specialized events in a fast-paced news environment that coincides with the aggressive growth of this key aspect of Bloomberg Live's mission.
- Create proposals for newsworthy and interesting new events; respond to Requests for Proposals from sales to ensure the events are consistent with Bloomberg's editorial mission, can attract the target audience and are newsworthy.
- Collaborate with your editorial, sales and marketing colleagues and other across Bloomberg to jointly develop timely, differentiated, and compelling content packages.
- Work across divisions, regions and media platforms to execute each event and help develop editorial franchise efforts across all platforms.
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of five years of journalism or equivalent experience
- A proven track record in developing high-concept or buzz-worthy panels or feature stories, utilizing top global executives or newsmakers
- Strong knowledge of international business news, particularly in areas of finance, technology, policy and politics, and economics
- Open to new commercial models
- A strong external network of newsmakers that can be relied on for ideas, bookings, and expanded relationships
- Creativity and innovation in all formats and concepts
- That intangible quality that shows you are a force of nature. You are able to harness the organization generating action and enthusiasm.
- The ability to juggle multiple assignments with good time management skills.
- Experience booking for television and radio preferred.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We work hard, and we work fast -- while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing all the time. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else.